Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Got my console back-still the same?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok, got my console back from Hercules. The firmware appears to be the newer version, and I've updated the drivers successfully.

I had a quick play in VDJ but haven't had enough time to see if the decks start winding on their own yet. However, I did try the keymapper and all the old problems are still there.

Can someone else please test theirs if they've had it back from Hercules?

What you need to do is run the keymapper and tick the "default" box to enable the mapper. Then open up notepad and play with some of the controls to see what keypresses are being sent.

Mine does a number of things that were previously reported by many users such as:

* When turning the jog wheel, occasionally you get some of the opposite data inserted, as if you briefly turned the wheel the other way

* When pressing buttons only once, sometimes you get 2 or 3 keypresses

* Sometimes you press a button and get nothing, then all of a sudden you get a whole string of maybe 10 or more keypresses (even if you only tapped the button once, rather than holding it down).

I must admit I am not hopeful for this "fix" being the answer to my problems.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 9:52 am
twe69Home userMember since 2004
i will try it out once i get mine - just got an email from them:

Your replacement unit was shipped to you from France today, you will receive it shortly.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 6:55 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks. I'm keen to know because the one I got back feels pretty much the same as the one I sent (very wobbly jog wheels) although it has seemingly had a firmware upgrade. Whilst it is possibly no problem for using with VDJ, I don't think it will be of much use with applications that require the use of the keymapper.

If anyone else has got theirs back, I'd really like to know if yours works with the test above.

Cheers

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 10:44 am
ok i got my console today... my headphone problem is still the same [i.e. when i turn the volume up or down i get a scratchy noise]... not sure about the wheel yet.... It is slightly tighter, and so is the cross fader - although i never had a problem with the cross fader....

Its definately a new console though, cos of the smell and that I got the cd, etc come in it.... They also sent me a free t shirt.... But would rather them sort the product out..... Going to test the jog wheel saturday or sunday and will get back to you....

Posted Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 12:08 pm
can you tell me the best way to test the jog wheels and how please? thanks. So far played with it for about an hour and I did not get any problems with it using virtual dj....

Posted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 2:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)