Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problem that i was having before...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

twe69Home userMember since 2004
Not sure if this has been fixed so wanted to ask... just that I haven't been here for a bit since I posted my console back to hercules and still waiting for them to send it back...

Anyway the problem that I was having was that after about an hours usage I would need to restart virtual dj because it would eat all of my RAM, at first it would only use about 25mbs or so, then it jumped to 300mbs in an hour... which caused my computer to slow down a bit.... The only way to fix that was to close the program and reload it again.....

Another problem that I had was that at times, when I put an mp3 into one of the turntables [to mix] while it checked the beats, instead of how it normally is [i.e. it shows you the beats of the track in green], it would make the whole window green.... and If i pressed play at this time to play that track virtual dj or the dj console would crash and stop responding.... i would either need to force virtual dj closed, or another way was for me to disconnect the dj console... making virtual dj respond and give me an error message saying that the device is not connected... then just click the X button to close it and replug the dj console back in and load virtual dj in again and everything would be back to normal again....

Thanks.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 5:26 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VirtualDJ loads every song directly into your RAM. The RAM usage will vary according to the song lenght of the songs you have cued.
I'm not sure exactly what the recommended RAM is for using VDJ. I have 512, and feel that I should definately have more.
1 gig of ram would be ideal I think.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 6:10 pm
i have 512MB of ddr ram... but programs that I have used in the past that need that much ram is things like 3d studio max....

Also when i first use the program it does not require that much ram - i.e. only 25mbs... so is there some sort of leak somewhere if it requires so much more after using it for an hour?

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 6:31 pm
The amount of RAM virtualDJ uses is directly related to the length of the songs that you have loaded on the desks.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 7:01 pm
Yes, and with a 11 MB song at 128kps (compression rate: 11 to 1) you have a decompressed song who use 120 MB of ram in vdj, 2 of that and you are now at 240 MB.
Add to this your operating system (XP use 100 MB and more), VDJ (between 20 and 30 MB) and the other background programs (if is your case)

For your crash screen problem, be sure you have the last driver for your video card, the last direct X version, the last windows media player version and the last patch for DJ Console (you can find them here, in the download page)

If you have other problem, please let we know what’s your configuration system.

Hope this help

Coyote

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 7:28 pm
what is the reason to load the whole song into memory?

maybe for those who would like to scratch a whole song in one second?

and for the visual representation of the breaks in the song it would need it either i think, same for the bpm calculation

maybe VDJ could be faster with some memory load modifications ??

B

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 10:05 pm
There are memory load options... you can select everything from "always" to "never" and many choices in between.
I think it loads it into RAM because it makes it a more effecient way to handle the song than playing it directly from the hard drive.

Posted Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 10:12 pm
W O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ tadadatada..

Now that makes a difference, if you put it on load 'never' you really get a fast DJ system in da HOUSE !!!

THANKs for this informatione

now i can miX.

the only thing is that you don't see the end of the record visually, but I personally prefer just to listen to the musiq rather then see the waves coming in.
the waves are in my head ( I hope )

peace

B

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 1:51 am
thanks for the information.... i will check if i have the latest patches for all programs and will let you know if i have any more problems....

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 7:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)