Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I have firmware 30 and you?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

If you click on the green alien in the systray, and then click on the Hercules logo, you will see info about firmware and drivers.
I would like to know if I have the latest firm/software, so my question, could you console owners check the same and reply on this?

I would like to know this because this is my third Console and I still have some problems with it. Here are my problems:

jog-dial sometimes send out continues data, this causes the song to play really slow. when I turn the crossfader to the right the song play fine but back the middle it slows down again. And after a touch on the jog-dial the problem disappears.

when i turn the headphone knob i hear noise in my headphone

when i play a song on the left deck and put the crossfader totally to the right, i still hear the left track a little. The crossfader just does not move enough to the right in the software. In VDJ i have to use my mouse to put it one tiny step furter, then the left deck is totally muted.

I can't hear the line-in signal when recording from it(monitor issue) also the ON AIR function does'nt work..
Strange is that is does record fine, but i can't monitor it, also I have no recording options in the mixer. only playback options are there.

My config:

versie 1.0.1.0 build 22
firmware 30
driver versie C021

Hope to see some repy's,

Bart

Posted Sat 17 Jan 04 @ 2:55 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Bart,

i also got console version 1.0.1.0 build 22, firmware 30, C021.
I'm sorry to hear it is already your third console which still doesnt work properly! Actually i'm thinking about sending mine back to Hercules as well.
I got the same problem you mentioned in 1.
Especially the right jog-wheel seems to get stuck during mixing and after manipulating a bit more on it it returns back to normal. For i think the jog-wheel is one of the more important tools when beatmixing its current buggy state is totally unacceptable.
What you mentioned in 2 + 3 i didnt experience yet. Also i havent tried out the line-in, so cant say anything concerning that.

Greetz

Posted Sat 17 Jan 04 @ 3:11 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Same here :
version 1.0.1.0 build 22
firmware 30
driver versie C021

No problems with the controller, great substitute for using the keyboard! Must stress this isn't a professional product, as it seems some users here expected...

;o) Lars

Posted Sun 18 Jan 04 @ 5:29 am
NomanHome userMember since 2004
I´ve just got mine. Same specs. Tested it for 45 minutes and then back in the box it arrived in. The Jog wheels weren´t reliable at all and that is unacceptable even for nonprofessional use.

Anyone who has got the console fixed yet??

By the way, the Virtual DJ software is really nice...

Posted Tue 20 Jan 04 @ 1:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)