Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mix Length

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When i am mixing songs....i ALWAYS play from the intro and outro. I LOVE doing it like that because the mix sounds clean and proffessional.

However when i do that, the songs come out to be 4, 5 or even 6 mins (from the intro to the outro point) in length, in which i find the crowd gets board.

I need some suggestions!!!!! should I:

- Just i just mix in the middle of a song (find the part in the middle that has a simple beat)

- just CUT straight into the next song w/o any mix

- Continue doing like i am

Thanks guys!!!!!!!

P.S - Does anyone know some good wedding tunes for the old people?

Posted Sun 09 Dec 01 @ 5:48 pm
Take a look at www.djzone.net, it provides music lists and one of them happens to be "wedding".

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 09 Dec 01 @ 8:37 pm
Well the way that i do it that when there is a build up near to the end of the tune i start the record from there there is usually a build up around the 2.30 - 3.00min range

Happy mixin'
.::DJ OVERRIDE::.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 01 @ 9:38 pm
mommelHome userMember since 2001
just wait until the running song has a breake, or a longer bassdrum-less session and when the first bass will come up, you put the 2nd song full up.
You can if you want switch off the bass, that makes good sounds.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 01 @ 11:41 am
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
Most trance/hard house/NRG etc etc usually has an "intro" section, varying in length from about 1.30 to 2.30 (Most break at 1.40 or 2.20 approx.) and an "outro" section, usually of the same length. Mixing in the middle of tunes, you tend to get the rebuildup of the first tune over the top of your second track, most annoying... all of has no relevence, but I thought I'd post it anyhoo

:P

http://www.syfoon.com/music/ for sets and singles by me (had to get the plug in there :D)

AIM: Syfoon
Web: http://www.syfoon.com

Posted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 2:11 pm
thanks alot for your help guys!!!
its nice to see fellow dj's look out for eachother man.

cheers.

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 8:21 am
Well, since you're writing at this site, you've must been using atomix. In that case you can plan how to play the tracks, especially when you're using cd's.

I would like to know where you're playing and what kinda music you play, cause if you're playing for example house and people are getting bored after a coupla minutes, you should try playing something else, cause then they're obviously not into the kinda music you play.

As long as you can mix decently with two bass-channels you shouldn't have problem mixing in the middle of a song. If it's a problem then practice, either with a real mixer or just with atomix.

Hope you can use my advices.

Fede Pede

12qw@mailme.dk

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 10:38 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
Before most breakdowns there is usually a steady beat happening (sweeping generalisation!!) With AtomixV2 just loop this beat and mix the next track in taking as long as you want (even loop the beat at the beginning of track two)

This double looping works best on deep house which is pretty damn loopy to start with (no pun intended!)

Al

Posted Sun 16 Dec 01 @ 9:51 pm
In my opinion, the way you are mixing is the best. I mix like you and I like it a lot.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 1:05 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey Alholio, you give me the best idea! I´ll use the loop to get my mixes..

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 9:25 pm
play with the bass killers and loop part of the song for a min on the mix its sounds just great also use the effects in your looping section

Posted Sat 29 Dec 01 @ 2:33 am
Everybody has the own style, don't copy them! Keep going on :D

If crowd get board change the style.
(or you can prepare the song: make it shorter with an editor)

Posted Sun 13 Jan 02 @ 5:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)