Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Help needed mixing with EQ's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I've used external mixers with Atomix before and I was woundering if anyone could give me some basic tips when using EQ's. I mix hard house (but that doesn't really matter anyway..??). Okay here we go:

When I drop the new track in on the start of a 32 (usally after the main breakdown), I'm guessing I have the bass killed on the new track. Do you start fading the bass down on the old track and fade the bass up on the new track at the same time? I would normally do this towards the start of the second 32?

I guess what I'm asking is when do you bring the new tracks bass, mids and treble in? Is there a basic system (of course it's different for each track)?

Thanks heaps and I hope I made sense!

BB.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 12:07 pm
Sorry, forgot to log in ;-)??

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 12:44 pm
it depends of the song and which mixer you have.....do you have only treble and base on your mixer? then the only way is they way you described above or you can cut the base of the first one and keep the second on treble for few sec(12-24 beats) and then put the little more than half of your bass of the second song instantly or you can cut the bass of first and put the bass of the other but they have to fit somehow melodiacal.

If your mixer is more sofisticated then the story changes.....:)

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 9:50 pm
whats a good eq thing to get. i've never messed with that using this prog.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 4:39 am
Good EQ thing? The AtomixMP3 equalizers work just great for software mixing. Of course nothing compares to a real mixer tho.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 10:10 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I think, when DJing there is never a system. Just use your own creativity!

Greetz, ikke

Posted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 7:30 pm
i also really dont know how to use the eq system except the filter

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 6:17 am
is any1 there who can help me with this

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 6:18 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
check YouTube by the way this thread is vey old.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 2:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)