Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Scratching tip !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Not sure if anyone has experimented with scratching besides using the middle dial. I discovered a new way using shortcuts. You must assign a shortcut to scratch. Then set the DJ mapper up with this shortcut using the jog wheel. This is what I did. I set "m" as a keyboard shortcut on the DJ Console mapper on the left desk, then I set m as scratch on VDJ to the left desk. But you must configure the scratch shortcut similiar to this. M being the shortcut, -1500 to
-2000 as the value and set it as momentary. Also be sure to assign this to just the left desk. Now do the same for the right using a "different" shortcut such as N. Be sure the shortcuts do not conflict with any u might have.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 04 @ 9:17 am
so the DJ console sends keyboard characters?, what a strange techinal device it is haha... (-;

i tried to do some other keymappings tonight, but got no good good result, maybe you can figure it out for me.

i try to put CTRL key to the headphone switch, but everytime it switches back to letter W and CTRL

my goal make a cue with headphone + cue
and to go to the cue only pressing the cue

i hope you understand what i am trying to do, i want the cue button to be used in combination with another button on the DJconsole, in this case the headphone key

bart

Posted Sat 17 Jan 04 @ 1:49 am
You will have trouble with new shortcuts with some buttons. Even though you have assigned a new shortcut the old one sometimes seems to stay. I myself would mail hercules to ask about a way to shut off all the default shortcuts, it would help out alot. Other than that its difficult. For now I cannot help more with this, I have sent my console back. Had spuratic data transfer issues. I am told the newer ones being shipped will be fixed but I am Hercules :)

Posted Sat 17 Jan 04 @ 10:29 am
Hi DJ Homeboy,

1) About DJ Mapper
DJ Console Mapper software process is ADDING keyboards shortcuts to the shortcuts you already load in VirtualDJ (or in NewDJ) to be controlled by DJ Console, so DJ mapper cannot replace any function for a software already dedicated to DJ Console, it can only add shortcuts in a software which is not already controlled by DJ Console.

2) About scratching
You can scratch with DJ Console in the included VirtualDJ version by setting first a Cue point, then moving the scratch.
If you click on Play, you lose the scracth function (on jog wheels) as long as you have not re-fixed a Cue point.

Posted Fri 23 Jan 04 @ 10:11 pm
If you follow my steps in my first post yo can scratch all the time with the jog wheels.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 1:23 am
thanx for the tip homeboy now this scratch thing gets into shape =)

Jam-C

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 4:51 am
DJ Homeboy
Referring your suggestion on setting the M & N on the console mapper & the VDJ. How do you know which is the scratch option in the VDJ settings?

PowerBliss

Posted Thu 19 Feb 04 @ 7:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)