Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB drivers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gert77Home userMember since 2004
I have tried to turn of hyper-threading... the problem continues to exist...

Standby and power down don't seem to work properly...

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 1:21 pm
I also have a problem concerning the usb driver. But its not the same as yours. At my Dj Console the Soundcard section works well but I cant use the faders, jog wheels and so on. When I start Virtual Dj for examplen o matter what I do (reinstalling..) and where I plug it (external powered USB hub...) it just works as a soundcard and all the time both Play/Pause and Cue Buttons keep shining (also when the Pc is turned out or a program like OTS Scratch is shut or when i replug it). It used to work well until i formated my PC a few days ago. I could mix using the jogwheels and so on just one day after the job (to format the PC). But since I installed something (like the Via 4in1 Hyperion Driver or maybe Nero 6) it just works as a Soundcard. I also set my System (WindowsXP) back to the Day when it still worked => no effect!! :( Anyone experiencing something like this or has an idea to help me? Thx a lot

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 9:05 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
I emailed Hercules about the freeze on standby and not shutting down properly problems, but they replied that Windows XP has had that trouble with USB devices for a long time now and just to have the monitor and hard drives turn off after some time instead of having the computer go into standby.

Of course, my USB mouse, hard drive, and camera can all be connected and turned on, and standby works with those just fine. So it sounded like a cop-out to me.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 12:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)