Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: $99 for 23 plugin's ? :-(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I'd really like to get access to the plugins, but like the rest of us with the Hercules DJ console i've realised we cant access these.
So now im forced to pay $99 for 23 plugins, some of which i wouldn't even use??
Yet, i notice the other controller for sale is only $30 more than the Hercules DJ console and the people who buy that do get access to the plugins?

I think it would be sensible of Atomix to provide Hercules DJ console users with an upgrade option to access the plugins atleast.
I'd be willing to pay $30-40 for that, but not $99 to get the same software i allready have plus some plugins.

I think this is something Atomix should seriously consider.
It can only benefit the company by offering an upgrade option as it will gain more income and keep people happy and coming back to them in the future.

Anyways, apart from this small problem im happy with the software.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 3:00 am
If you take a look at the comparison page, you can see you have more then 23 plugins (and all the future one..) with the full version : http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html , you have:

-Virtual scratch
-Can plug headphones (without DJ Console)
-Can play through a mixtable
-Can input external sound source
-Vinyl control with external turntable
-DAC2 or DMC1 controller support
-MIDI keyboard support
-Free plugins download
-Receive first, any new update for the software
And more advantage on the site

Coyote

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 3:56 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I really can understand people that said they don't want to pay for the full version because they don't see what's better, and after all, cry because they don't have effects, updates and so on.

Moreover, you are not sure to have all VirtualDJ 1.X updates for free.
With the Full Version, you do!

Updates are provided to Full users in a first time.
My version is 1.08 (Full) what is yours today?

My advice: buy the full version, not for plug_ins, for updates and all others features. It really enhance the power of the DJ Console (I had one).
You will be able to change the outputs song setting, use VDJ without the console connected (some time usefull) and many more.

Regards.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 10:06 am
I wasnt crying, merely suggesting an idea which would/could be beneficial to your company.

Now that i've seen the extra's i'd get with the full version outlined, i'd seriously consider it. Im really interested in adding a turntable to my set up for scratching and the external input would be worth its weight in gold for this.

Thanks for pointing these things out.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 11:27 am
MimUKPRO InfinityMember since 2003
why not compromise and offer an upgrade at say $49?

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 12:12 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
I guess the question now would be to ask how much of a cut (from the sale of each Hercules Console) does Atomix get for adding in their software to the Console package?

If we aren't promised VDJ updates, then I assume Atomix gets 0.00 percent of each Hercules DJ Console sale, and everything comes out even anyways. But if you are indeed getting anything, anything at all for including your software in the DJ Console Package, then all of a sudden it becomes mighty unfair for the purchasers of the Console, because you are telling them they need to buy one full version of VDJ plus whatever portion Atomix already got for including VDJ in the Console package.

I only mention this because it sounds like somebody who previously posted believes DJ Console owners don't have a right to receive software updates, and to him I ask whether or not Atomix gets anything at all for including VDJ in the Hercules console. (And from him I ask a reply as well!)

I do understand you have a limited number of teamsters working on VDJ, and so I understand that VDJ updates for the console version may be slower to come by than the full VDJ version. However, VDJ 1.08 includes a note that it is the first "stable release" of vdj, and I do believe that everyone (no matter what controller you have) should be entitled to a stable version (unless of course, as stated above, Atomix does not receive even one penny for including its software with the console).

So... does Atomix get even one measly peso for including its software in the Hercules DJ Console package?

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 12:35 am
PS, if you tell me honestly right now that DJ Console owners are not entitled to VDJ updates, I will be sure to return mine as soon as I see a teamster/VIP/or Corporate representative post "You are not entitled to updates."

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 12:37 am

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 12:47 am
Thank you Morris, I do know there is one update for the DJ Console. However, I am still unclear about the status DJ Console owners are in regarding future updates for the console (going past 1.07). The update on the website is for VDJ 1.07.

kaleo
Ultra-VIP Member ---> stated above that we (console owners) "are not sure to have all the VDJ 1.x updates for free." This seems to imply that Hercules Console owners will not have future VDJ updates available to them, or it implies that if future VDJ updates do become available, that they will be charged for these new updates.

As I have not heard anything of the sort until now, I would like for this issue to be cleared up right away (before it is too late to receive a full refund for the DJ Console).

Thank you.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 12:59 am
Let me say this most of the plugins are not worth a plug nickle.So save your money if this is the reason for a update.Unless they wont offer updates for the software then do so . 108 is a vast improvment over 107 and you need it for stability.That is maybe the reason they have not offered it yet.To force you to buy the full version.If you had the best already you would not consider it.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 1:16 am
Thanks digital, I like your theory :).

Now is there a teamster that would care to answer my question?

Posted Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 7:34 pm
Maybe my last message wasn't seen:

"Thank you Morris, I do know there is one update for the DJ Console. However, I am still unclear about the status DJ Console owners are in regarding future updates for the console (going past 1.07). The update on the website is for VDJ 1.07.

kaleo
Ultra-VIP Member ---> stated above that we (console owners) "are not sure to have all the VDJ 1.x updates for free." This seems to imply that Hercules Console owners will not have future VDJ updates available to them, or it implies that if future VDJ updates do become available, that they will be charged for these new updates.

As I have not heard anything of the sort until now, I would like for this issue to be cleared up right away (before it is too late to receive a full refund for the DJ Console).

Thank you."

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 8:47 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sorry, only teamers can answer you.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 9:41 pm
bump

Posted Wed 14 Jan 04 @ 4:33 pm
bump again

Posted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 1:17 am
We have no obligation about the update.

Your version working great, maybe some times you will buy a full version for have all the new feature.

Posted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 7:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)