Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cant' listen to incoming sound ( dj console as soundcard )

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when i use the djconsole as a sound card to make a recording from cassette deck to line in, i cannot hear while recording. i can see the sound coming in visually, but can't hear it. i does record it however. and after playing it, i can hear it in the headphone. (very good quality!)

i use sound forge, and the monitor status bar shows incoming sound activity...

i tried put the djc in 5.1 mode but no luck.

also i tried to set the djc as default sound output in control panel, but that wouldn't help either.

does anybody has figured it out ??

grtx, Bart

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 12:34 am
Hello Buteskin,

You cannot listen the incoming sound because DJ Console has no hardware monitoring (the 2 DJ software inside use software monitoring), so you must enable software monitoring in Sound Forge.

Good luck.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 9:53 pm
Hi,

I can't find a software monitor option in Sound Forge 6 and 7

I use Windows XP

I have no recording options in the mixer for the DJ Csonsole

In DJ Mode when i press the talkover button on the recording, button i don't the signal from line in. (i see in red ON AIR) but can't hear that input.

any suggestions/ideas?

Posted Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 12:12 am
It's working now !!! with ASIO its works!

If you use Steinberg Wavelab 4.0 and choose DJConsole ASIO(you get this option after putting de console in ASIO modus)

then this window changes it's name from 'Playback' into Playback/Record'

then you get a nice ASIO config popup, and there you can choose wich port you want for input/output

input only port 1/2
output 1/2, 3/4, 4/5

when you keep input and output on port 1/2 you hear the incoming signal in you headphones

I am so HAPPPPYYYY

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 7:59 pm
I was kinda gutted to hear no sound when recording. Try these simlpe solutions, if your amp has an output channel hook it up to the line-in on the Hercules DJConsole.

If you have a headphone socket get a plug that allows you to listen to 2 pairs of headphones, plug it in on the amp use one socket for headphones or external speakers and the other socket to link the line-in Hercules DJConsole, sounds good.

It shouldn't cost much to get to cables and a double headphone adapter.

If you understand wha' am sayin' you'll have sounds that record, like it should be. Big shouts out to Sound Forge, its my recording & editing studio make it yours, I'm outta ere, hollakeef.

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 10:07 pm
I take we all record from a source with a headphone socket right.

Get an adapter that allows you to listen to 2 pairs of headphones from one socket.

Plug in your headphones or external speakers in one socket and to the other, a cable with stereo RCA plugs/mini jack.

Hook it up to your recording source & Hercules DJConsole.

Are you listening now?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 10:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)