Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Converted . . . - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

jpearnHome userMember since 2003
Hi,

I have to write a small note of thanks to the VirtualDJ tech. support, and moderators for being helpful during a problem I had installing an update this weekend with my laptop.

I've been watching the forums, and realising what they'd been saying to me from the start, basically the version that comes with the Hercules DJ Console surpasses most bundled software, and if you need more, buy the full product. A little different from my last posts, but the more I use the software, the more I can see how valuable it is.

Hence I'm now waiting for my birthday to come in the next few weeks, else I would have bought the full version already, but faced the wrath of my angry missus :)

So thanks to all again, your patience shows you how much you respect the product you support, can't wait to be changed to a VirtualDJ User . . .

Jason.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 1:45 am
thanks! :)

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 1:48 am
Not trying to be funny m8 but...

"basically the version that comes with the Hercules DJ Console surpasses most bundled software, and if you need more, buy the full product."

Didn't you see that DJC WAS advertised with the "Full Professional Version"?

And do you REALLY not mind being asked to pay all over again? I sure do.

"your patience shows you how much you respect the product you support, can't wait to be changed to a VirtualDJ User . ."

Sorry, I really have to disagree with you on this, I am a customer, this is there job, I gave them money and they (Atomix/Hercules) have not yet delivered as promised. Instead they insist we Real DJC owners are mistaken when it is 100% clear that we are not. Oh yeah and the softwares buggy,,, and my hardware is still not back from the recall....

At this time, with all aspects of the DJC/VDJ bundle flawed or in doubt. For anyone to praise Atomix/Hercules and their treatment of us customers seems to be very strange.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 2:45 am
jpearnHome userMember since 2003
Hmm,

Here we go :)

What professional version were you expecting ?? Did it state the version, and what more do you need ?? I could play out with this software on my laptop and would call it 'professional'.

You forget, the main supplier to you is Hercules, not Atomix. You paid the main bulk of your money to Hercules, and purchased an OEM (you know what that means I hope) version of the software. You mention your hardware's not back frrom the recall, so why are you posting ??

You have a knackered PC, do you blame Windows ?? No, you have a duff console, do you blame the software that comes with it ?? No.

So how the hell are you judging a piece of software, with A, a knackered console, and B, no console at all . . .

Who did you buy the console from, Hercules or Atomix, and why the hell haven't you tried using the other software on the CD ?? !!

Good Luck,

Jason

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 2:56 am
"What professional version were you expecting ?? Did it state the version,"

Yes, the "full professional version" I checked before I bought.

"and what more do you need ??"

I really just want what I paid for.

"You forget, the main supplier to you is Hercules, not Atomix. You paid the main bulk of your money to Hercules, and purchased an OEM (you know what that means I hope) version of the software."

No, under UK law my retailer is my supplier. you see I do not want my money back yet. I just want what I saw advertised, what I paid for, what I now own and what I am legally entitled to.

"You mention your hardware's not back from the recall, so why are you posting ??"

Er because my hardwares not back, my softwares not the "full professional" version and the version I do have is buggy/clunky and is not being patched as quick as the "Pro" pro version.

"You have a knackered PC, do you blame Windows ?? No, you have a duff console, do you blame the software that comes with it ?? No."

Software and hardware are faulty and the software not being the "full professional version" still promised, are all separate issues

"So how the hell are you judging a piece of software, with A, a knackered console, and B, no console at all . . . "

How do you think I found the console was faulty in the first place? guess? ;)

"Who did you buy the console from, Hercules or Atomix, and why the hell haven't you tried using the other software on the CD ?? !! "

we're going in circles, you know the REAL answers here. why, as a supposed fellow console user, are you against me asking for what I was promised and have paid for? Even if you are genuinely happy to pay twice, why do you have a problem with someone else wanting what he paid for? I would think a fellow user could not fail to see VDJ/DJC's bugs and would at least give some support. NOT criticism. Your whole attitude/position in these posts does not match you claimed identity.

who do you work for?

Why are you covering up for Atomix?

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 7:44 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Dude (diss_dance),

Seeing your alias, you obviously intended, when you registered on this site, to spend your time dissing both VDJ and Hercules.

I've seen many posts from you basically saying that both companies are crap, that you should send back everything and never buy from them again. I've seen posts from you pretty much accusing me of working from one of those companies, because I was more accepting than you on the quality/features of what I got (kind of like you just did again to jpearn), or suggesting that otherwise I was a complete idiot.

Thing is, we're a bunch to be happy with what we got, who had our expectations met. We've all been helping each other, answering each others questions, which is the goal of those forums. Atomix tech support has pitched in whenever they could to provide their support to unregistered users too (see jpearn's post), now they give us a dedicated forum and I thank them for that. It might be easy for them to just add a section, but it means something to me.

You on the other hand have dissed dissed dissed, nothing less nothing more. Not one constructive comment, not one helpful answer to a fellow user, just crap. Trust me, if I was part of the Atomix team, your sour ass would have been kicked out of this place a while ago because face it, you're just bringing the party down.

I'm not saying every post must be nice and happy, I've posted my share of criticism or suggestions both on VDJ (lack of adequate ID3 support) and the DJ Console (I've been the first to report the faulty jog wheel issue), but I've also asked user-related questions, helped fellow users with their problems, etc.

Frankly, when I see the substance of your posts, I'd be more inclined to say that YOU are a front for a competitor whose only intent is to turn potential customers away. Either that or you are just a plain party pooper, in which case you should follow you own advice, return everything you got (if you really got something), and let us have fun and thank who we want to thank when we want to thank them.

nuff said,

Nicolas

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 9:56 am
Thanks for your posts. diSS_Dance sorry but you're really a stupid boy. I'll just remind you:
1) You purchased a product from Hercules (and not Atomix Productions), you got it: the DJConsole.
2) Inside this package we've included FOR FREE a full functionnal version of Virtual DJ. The only limitation is the fact that your version can't be used without the djconsole. Oh yes about the plugins ? The plugins are free bonus for full registred users.
So stop complaining for nothing and get a life !

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 10:47 am
derdonHome userMember since 2004
now my silly question:

how can I become a fully registered member? I want some plugins...so do I have do buy the full version? because within my djc-package there was NO serial or anything!

confused regards
hendrik

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 4:44 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
As discussed at length within these forums, if you want to become a full registered user, you must buy the full registered version of VirtualDJ.
The version that came with your console is a special edition of VirtualDJ modified specifically for the console. It doesn't time out, and it can ONLY be used with the console attached to your computer.
It also does not require or include a serial number.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 5:14 pm
DaDukeHome userMember since 2003
Hey all!

I'm just wondering: what is the difference between the "full" version and the "hercules" version?

//Fredd

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 5:41 pm
The "Hercules" version have no serial, you can't download the plug-ins.

The "Hercules" version work perfectly and only with the dj console, if you don't have the dj console, it don't work.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 5:56 pm
Having not personally seen the console version, I believe that the main differences are that the console version won't launch unless there is a console plugged into the computer. (not positive)
Also, I believe the console has sound outputs on it. The console version can only be configured to use these sound out-puts, so you don't have the full version sound configuration options. (pretty sure)

I think those are the primary differences... I hope that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 5:58 pm
DaDukeHome userMember since 2003
If thats the only differences... I can live with that.

(Although it would be nice to get access to all the downloads, espacially updates, but as I said: I can live with that...)

Thanx

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 6:06 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ Rick> everything you said is correct. I'd like to add that you need the console to be plugged-in to start VDJ, but then you can unplug it and still use the "analyze" function of VDJ. Helpful if like me you have two USB ports on your notebook with one taken by the mouse. If you have a lot of music to analyze, you can unplug the console and use the USB port for other purposes until the analyze is done.

DaDuke> you do have access to VDJ-console-edition upgrades (patches).:
if you haven't already done so, check http://www.virtualdj.com/update.html and execute update_virtualdj_djc.exe to upgrade to 1.07b (from the 1.06 that was delivered with your console).

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 6:46 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
Again, guys. Atomix lists on their product comparison chart (and had listed it even before the console came out) that the console version of VDJ doesn't have all the features that the regular version has. It was also posted all over the message boards. If you can read the Hercules website, you can also read the VDJ website. So does this come down to a case of hearing (or in this case, reading) only what you want to hear? Seriously, its the same as reading the directions guys.

Now on the other hand, I really would love to be able to use VDJ 1.08 with the hercules console. PS, it still isn't available on this website.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 9:35 pm
bobojamHome userMember since 2003
Hi all,
Judging from what i saw on this forum, i think it's pretty obvious that the information about the version of VDJ that came with DJ Console is CONFUSING to a lot consumers. Otherwise, we wouldnt have this discussion. i understand that VDJ company is generous in including a "free" version of the software with the DJConsole, however, the advertisment and product description are unclear and a lot of consumer feel "tricked" into making the purchase. i would have reconsider purchasing the VDJ/DJC if the cost is increased to $364.
The following is what i think should be stated clear on the product/information/advertisement pages of both virtualdj.com and hercules.com.
1. i am aware that the version that came with DJConsole is fully functional, but the word "full" should NOT be used. reason is that "full", "fully functional", and "full suite" version can cause confusion. PPL generally would assume it's the FULL version. i actually thought i was purchasing the combo DJConsole and the real FULL version of the VDJ.

2. it should state that VDJ will not startup unless the DJConsole is plugged into the computer. we only found out after purchasing the DJConsole.

3. state clearly and easily visible that there is no serial, cant get download, patches, and support.

Even though it's a fully functional version, it still got a few limitations. some ppl may think it's trivial, but some think it's important.

i think all in all, the issues arise from the advertisement/information that have it appear the VDJ that came with DJC is the FULL version. i think VDJ and Hercules should reword things so that it will be clear to ppl that it is not the same version as purchased directly from virtualdj.com

it seems that VDJ is firm on not providing an upgrade route to the full version from fully functional version, so
i personally going to return the DJConsole. but for ppl who wants to return it and cant returned it, i feel sorry for.

last but not least, i think virtualDJ is a nice piece of software and eventually will be a big player in the digital dj area. however, VDJ must be careful w/ business side of the operation. keeping customers happy is the key to the success of any business.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 10:04 pm
well, you sort of have to remember as well, you're dealing with an international marketplace here. As within these very forums from time to time, there are definately language issues.
The people who wrote those adds probably don't speak english as their primary language.

(just a thought)

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 10:09 pm
No, this is still on US and european web sites, I'll post the add's if you need.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 11:06 pm
No, I don't need to see the adds. Again, you bought the console. You got a fully functional version of the software to run it at no extra cost. (several softwares in fact)
The version you got with it, is the version that you get. period. Continuing to piss and moan about it might make you feel better, but it won't change the facts. You should begin to work on getting over it.
If you are unhappy with the product that you purchased (the console) and the support products that were supplied with it, you should convey your feelings to either the store where you bought it, or the manufacturer.
I know that Atomix Productions regrets the confusion surrounding this product, it's not their fault.
Please stop shouting at Atomix productions in the Atomix productions forum.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 11:10 pm
Hey bambi,

"Seeing your alias, you obviously intended, when you registered on this site, to spend your time dissing both VDJ and Hercules."

I've used variations of diss-dance for over 6 years. a search on Google's groups will quickly make this clear.

"Frankly, when I see the substance of your posts, I'd be more inclined to say that YOU are a front for a competitor whose only intent is to turn potential customers away. Either that or you are just a plain party pooper, in which case you should follow you own advice, return everything you got (if you really got something), and let us have fun and thank who we want to thank when we want to thank them."

No, I realy am me (last time I checked ;) My name is Tim Blair, I live in Peterborough I have NO conections with ANY comuter and/or music, software/harware company/ies. When I work I am a CNC Machinist (engineer) but at the mo ill health means I make do on £76 a week. See why I was pi**ed when the problems started? I had to eat a LOT of shreaded wheat to be able to pay for my DJC. If you need to know more then please ask as I have nothing to hide..

I Just wana make music...........

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 11:29 pm
63%