Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Save BPM's in mp3 tag / read other dj program bpm tags

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I really wish Virtual DJ would store the bpm count and normalization information * in the mp3 itself *.

Why is this important? When the DJ reloads the system or move tracks around VirtualDJ would not have to count thosands and thosands of tracks all over again!

A better Idea: It would be nice if VirtualDJ read existing MP3 tag info like BPM studio and PCDJ does. Currently these two programs share the same tag info. A track counted in PCDJ can be read in BPM, and vice versa. I offer to send you a file that has been bpm counted with another DJ program if you are interested in making VirtualDJ compatible, please email me at wirelessdj@comcast.net

I hope that VirtualDJ support will add support to the next release

Since I have NO solution to this problem, Can someone PLEASE tell me exactly how to back up the VirtualDJ record case so that when I move the drive around from system to system I do not have to recount all the tracks? Assume that I am going to WIPE my system and want to back up this information. What folder/directory do I copy/backup?

Posted Mon 29 Dec 03 @ 10:03 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm with you

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 8:20 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Amen.

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 12:12 pm
This needs to be implemented I believe.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 12:53 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I simply don't agree.
We have talk about this so manu times in the past.
You know what to do, to avoid the need to analyse your tracks again.
JUST dont use other programs if they modify your tags.
Or set your files as "read only" to "protect" them and make them always
recognizable from virtual dj.
I'm sorry but you have to choose.
If you prefer Virtual dj over pcdj or bpm studio you have to sacrifise them...
I used pcdj red like you, in the past.

And why i believe Virtual dj has far better, -so smart- flile handling system ?

1. Real mobility / Better backup
Think about mobility and backup at the same time.
What i do:
I have all my music collections in 2 hard disks (exactly the same files)
One mobile usb and one (or more) local drive in the desktop pc.
If i add/delete/rename files to one of them i just "synchronize" them with a button.
How it is so easy ?
I use a file manager named "Total commander" it is shareware, very cheap, very powerfull and fast.
It is like the norton commander but for windows 32bit.
It has a "synchronize directory" command...

So,
When i change computer, eg when i go mobile i just take the usb drive
and/or my laptop and my 512mb flash memory (it is always with my keys...)
I have always my latest xml database in my keys...

2. Copying only a single xml file is way faster.
Store all the infos in this file is way faster than writing in tags, especially tags v2
If i had my music in 3 disks and for every song i played, the tags become different from its "clone"
every time.. what a mess...
I dont want to think about it..

If you (or anyone) want any help or info about Total commander or anything, just ask here.

George.

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:29 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:37 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This is an old post ...Bpm detection in vdj is bad ...I need to read tags ..I'm sorry
I want the option to choose : "Tag or File Name"
If you don't like tag choose FILE NAME .....if you like tag ,,,choose TAG ...It's simply and all here will be happy .
Bpm detection in Pcdj it's perfect so I want to use this software to scan my music and play with VDJ .
actually I use Virtual dj for my set ...Ots dj for automatize (10 to 12 and 5 to 6 am) and pcdj to bpm scan and I'm happy with all my software and There is nothing bad with it -
If I need to automatize I think that Ots dj it's better ... bpm detection is better in pcdj and virtual dj is the best for my set ...Each one has good side -
But this is my point of view .

Posted Sat 25 Dec 04 @ 10:05 am
Hey guys

Can anyone help please. I have used BPM Studio from way back and have rarely used VDJ. I am thinking of switching over and doing a trial with VDJ. However, I would like to import all my playlists and folders created to VDJ. Has anyone attempted this before where you can simple copy the lists (from the DATA folder in BPM) and be able to sync them in VDJ please. I would very much appreciate your help if you know how to please.

Thanking you in advance.

DJ B

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 5:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)