Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How does record function work? Can you listen to your cued songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cimatHome userMember since 2001
with one soundcard?

Hello-

Does this program have an integral record function, or do you have to use the sound recorder that comes with windows?

Also, if you only have one sound card, can you listen to your cued song through one speaker, while the live mix comes through the other speaker?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 24 May 01 @ 9:42 pm
Hmmm, sounds like this question has been asked (and answered) before.

Still...

Yes the program allows to record (to Wav).

Yes you can pre-listen to the song waiting to be mixed (with the full version).

You have five options you can pick from:

(1) For a basic (non 3D) soundcard you must get a special splitter which sends the master out (mono) to one channel and the headphone to the second (mono). That doesn't say much to me, but still it appears to be an option.

(2) When you have a 3D-capable soundcard (like the Sb Live and many others) you can configure Atomix so that it sends the master out to the rear output and the headphones to the front.

(3) Still when you have a 3D-capable soundcard you can configure Atomix to send the first song to the rear output and the second song to the front output. Which means that you have to mix with a "normal" mixing table which at the same time should allow you to pre-listen to the track you've cued up. This is the configuration I use.

Options 4 and 5 are basically the same except that you require to install 2 soundcards in your PC instead of using the 3D-capabilities.

In case you have a 3D-capable soundcard or still have to purchase one I would personally recommend you go for either option 2 or 3. Getting 2 soundcards to work properly might be difficult with certain Win versions and you are easily confronted with a latency between both soundcards resulting in the beats being out of phase.

To take advantage of these options you have to register and purchase the full version though. The price is rediculously low compared to a "classic" DJ-outfit.

DJ Corpse

Posted Thu 24 May 01 @ 10:05 pm
And I forgot to add that instead of using the built-in recording capabilities if you use an external mixer (providing your system is fast enough) you can send the Master or Recorder Out of your mixing table to the line in of your soundcard and record your piece of art with a seperate recording application (which most often is supplied with your soundcard).

DJ Corpse

Posted Thu 24 May 01 @ 10:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)