Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: mixer and sound card urgent!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have a s/b live 5.1+ card and a stereo mixing console.
my question is if i buy a second s/b live sound card and install it as a plug and play in my computer will there be any conflict with the two cards?

i want to mix off my console not the computer
does anybody know if there will be a problem and how do i go about doing the whole procedure
i will give my icq # to anyone who can help!!!
also will there be any system conflicts when installing the two cards

regards
and much appreciated
ed

Posted Sat 05 May 01 @ 1:05 am
Hi,

most problems appear with the drivers. But to mix with an external mixer, you donĀ“t need a second card. I used two cards, but with my SB Live 5.1, I recognized no quality difference. You can plug one channel to the front and the second to the rear output of your SB card.

mama

Posted Sat 05 May 01 @ 8:06 am
So is it possible to use just one Sound Blaster Live, but still get two stereo outputs to an external mixer?
ie, use the rear outputs as one set of channels and the front output as another pair of channels? Does AtomixMp3 support this?
Any help appreciated
Mark

Posted Wed 23 May 01 @ 8:28 am
Yes Mark, Atomix does support this function with SB Live 5.1, that's exactly how I use it with my mixer.

In the sound config screen, just choose the 3D soundcard picture and the mixer picture. Then connect the rear out to one channel of the mixer, and the front output to the other channel. The two outputs are both in stereo.

NOTE - this will only work properly if you have a FULL purchased version of Atomix - the cracked versions do not work like this because some of the coding is missing from the demo which cannot be replaced by the cracks.

Happy mixing.

Posted Wed 23 May 01 @ 9:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)