Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Just This One!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Quick request....

If you do ANYTHING with this new version, please make the first addition/fix the problem with skipping beats when a tune is pitched up with master tempo on.

I reported this problem in version 1.x still nothing has been done. It looks like its a really big bug and may take some harsh programming werites to fix it, but you do NEED to fix it.

Please dont reply with the usuall ' is your machine powerfull enough, did u reinstall etc' Ive had all these questions before and its all been delt with. It IS a problem with atomix and LOTS of other users have experienced it.

Getting this fixed would make the program 100% better in my eyes without any new features (but they would be nice to :)

Posted Wed 25 Apr 01 @ 2:08 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I don't remeber to have seen your mail on our service@atomixmp3.com mails!

This message has been sent to the author of Atomixmp3. Thanks.

Posted Sat 28 Apr 01 @ 1:05 am
Maybe it was before you joined, I spoke with stephane personally via email.

Tom@unitedXXXXX.co.uk

he will know who I am, we tried some new .exes nothing worked.

Can you confirm if this has been fixed or not?

Tom

Posted Sat 28 Apr 01 @ 10:34 am
Its not so much the fault of Atomix that it sounds like beats are missed when using Master Tempo. Its VERY difficult to do a time stretch/compress without changeing the pitch in real time (or even not in real time) without it sound like beats are missed, unwanted echos or reverb being added in to the music. I've used a couple of different computer software time stretch/compress and NONE so far do it perfectly. The DirectX plugins from Sound Forge come close (almost no "missed beats"). The time compress/expand function in Cool Edit doesn't even come close to doing it right. The only thing I haven't tried is a hardware time stretch/compress. I have a song here that sounds PERFECT, so it is possible with a hardware solution (or maybe other software?). But it may be awhile before it can be done correctly in other software too. As much as I need it too, i'll just wait till something comes along.

Posted Sat 05 May 01 @ 11:30 am
Why all this bother about the master tempo? Sure it would be a nice (and unique) feature but just let us remind ourselves of what this program does so excellently - it allows you to mix mp3 files just like you can with vinyl or CD's.

In all my years of DJ'ing professionally I have not come across any mixing decks, that allow this feature. Even Akai samplers - the industry standard - distort the sound if you timestretch sufficiently - but atomix is designed primarily as a mixing program NOT a sampling program, so the timestretch function is a bonus.

I hope that it is left as is, and the program stays quick and reliable so that we all don't need 1Ghz plus machines to run it on.

Posted Tue 08 May 01 @ 10:13 pm
Dave,

I hate to correct you but hardware wise, there are several devices out there which do "master tempo":

Pioneer CDJ-700
Denon 2500 dual CD deck
Denon 2600

I am probably leaving a lot out, but off the top of my head, those all offer a button you can press to do the same thing as Atomix Master Tempo.. And in talking with one of my friends who has been a pro DJ for a few years, the Pioneer 700 does it flawlessly without missing beats and some of the other problems I have experienced with Atomix.

I think that the "master tempo" function is kinda a wash for most of us DJ's.. I prefer to mix up, then down, then back up... Or just start low and go all the way to to the top... But once in a while there is this song that you just HAVE to throw in, but it doesn't fall in line with the current bpm, but you don't want the vocals to sound like Mickey Mouse either.. So it would be nice if they could fix the master tempo so it worked smoother and better, without missing beats, etc.

I agree about the "powerful machine" comment, I only have a P2-350 and I *BARELY* scrape by as it is, but if they can make this program work properly and more smoother, I think it would be worth it, and I, for one, would be willing to spend $230 to upgrade my machine to a P3-1000 (the current market price for that processor) so that I can mix better with the new capabilities of Atomix.

A couple of my DJ friends who have been DJing for several years with "traditional" hardware methoods tried Atomix and were not impressed - they told me the concept was awesome, but the accuracy of the program and matching up the beats was a bit off.. So I hope they will spend a lot more time making the accuracy better, and fixing things like the master tempo.

Posted Sat 12 May 01 @ 12:54 pm
I agree with your comment of stability... if there was one feature that I would like to see, it would simply to have the beat matching be solid. Being that I didn't write the program, I don't know if it's a problem with the mp3 playback engine, or if it's a problem of accuracy with the BPM's. But if that was flawless, and stayed on it would be so much more powerful in my humble opinion.

Posted Sat 12 May 01 @ 8:36 pm
Point taken mr anon.

I must admit I have only really played on Pioneer CDJ-500's and a load of the cheaper units - ie - Numark, Kam etc. because most clubs I play only have turntables.

I suppose because I am more of a 'purist' when it comes to DJ'ing, I'm happy that atomix can digitally re-create almost anything I used to do with vinyl (except scratching and the stop button effect etc - a nice touch if it could be added guys!).

But if atomix system requirements shot up - I would also have to upgrade my laptop as well as my PC, which would become an expensive exercise.

Here in the UK, hardly any 'Big Club' DJ's use CD mixers live, but the interest that atomix has created when I've DJ'd has indicated that DJ'ing digitally stands a better chance of breaking the mould than CD mixing ever did. That's why I'm more interested in a stable mixing platform than any number of fancy frills and gimmicks.

I stand by my original statement - sure it would be nice to have a master tempo facility that doesn't distort the sound, but i'd prefer the basic mixing functions to be as stable and reliable as possible, with more important things like EQ on each channel, extra keyboard shortcuts, controllable latency with different soundcards etc to be sorted, long before master tempo.

I'm sure we will all be pleasently surprised when the new version does eventually get released - keep workin in it guys.

Respect

DJ DaveOcean.

Posted Sun 13 May 01 @ 12:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)