Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem - with Full version.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

This is a really great mixer. I am however located in South
Africa and $60 times 8.5 in Rands in a bit steep for the full version.

Anyway, thats hard luck I suppose. I have read how to connect your speakers/headphones and setting the sound under the options menu to listen to monitor the next track you want to mix but can this be done with the Demo version and is the standard Pentuim 3 sound card suffient enough to do this?

Thanks
Mark

Posted Tue 10 Apr 01 @ 3:49 pm
I have been saying for ages that $60 is too much, but nowhere listens, they just try and justify it by whatever means takes their fancy.

You can't monitor the next track with the demo version, as the demo doesn't allow the use of two sound cards. (You will need 2 soundcards if you want to monitor, one for the track playing and the other to listen to the next track).

Any soundcard works, but of course, the better the sound card, the better the sound quality. I would recommend 2 soundcards and an external mixer if you're serious about DJ'ing, although its an expensive route to take if you just like messing around.

By the way, whats it like in S. Africa?

Big

Posted Tue 10 Apr 01 @ 9:12 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
???????????????????????
?????Too expensive?????
???????????????????????

Please lokk to other software like this and compare the prices! Then look for updates and see what´s expensive!

I think, you mistake cheap and expensive.

By the way, AtomixMP3 also works with a 3D soundcard. So you can plug your speakers to the front and your headphones to the rear output to monitor a song.

mama

Posted Tue 10 Apr 01 @ 9:39 pm
Well thanks you to the both of you. I understand that this software to cheap if you compare it to other software but i am able to get other software in SA and have to import it. Do you know how much $60 is in Rands? Well it works out to be about 600 rand. Now, thats 15% of my monthly Salary. I can buy a new cell phone or a top of the range 3d Graphics card. So you see, its not that I dont want to pay for the software it just works out to be very expensive paying in dollars!

Mama, do you understand what I'm saying! All i want to do is to able to listen to the next track that i want to mix, thats the only addition to the demo that I would like to have.

Anyway , Soth Africa is great, I love it here even if the currency is alot weaker than the US!!!!!

Cheers guys

Posted Wed 11 Apr 01 @ 8:53 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
mama has right, you need the full version!

I'm very sorry for ou but this feature can't bee added in the demo version because it uses an advanced sound configuration and all the crackers wait that we put this feature in the demo.... So we can't.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 01 @ 1:25 am
Sorry for your weak currency, but otherwise, you´ld pay fourth the money here for a high end graphics card! That´s capitalism. On the one hand you have advantages, on the other hand disadvantages, so the balance will be equalized.

mama

Posted Thu 12 Apr 01 @ 7:39 am
LOL Shame oke!

I know what u saying! I'm from Zimbabwe, just north of South Africa.....I paid a hell of a lot for Atomix! Our exchange rate is +/- 80 to 1 USD.

But hey its a fantastic product and has made my money back very quickly!

Cheers

Posted Thu 12 Apr 01 @ 12:09 pm
I'm running the application with two sound cards, namely a SoundBlaster 16 and a Crystal Card. According to all the documenation I've read I should be able to monitor the other deck with this setup.

My problem is I can't, I've selected the two sound card options. Sound card 1 = SB16 and Soundcard two = Crystal. I've also setup the output configuration for speaker and headphone. But still no joy.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. I'm running the full version by the way.

seed66@messagez.com

Posted Tue 17 Apr 01 @ 5:38 pm
Are both soundcards working with other apps like winamp?

Otherwise, especially if you use W2k, it´s a prob of Windows with detecting two soundcards.

Posted Tue 17 Apr 01 @ 7:57 pm
Mmmm, I'm also from South Africa, and i'm really keen on buying AtomixMp3. But, like the other Mark said, when you convert it into Rands, it's really a lot of money. It's easy for people from the 'richer' countries to say we must buy the full version, but it's not as easy as that.
Although, when you compare it to the price of two cheap-ass CD players, it's about the same price, but without the hassle of carrying all the cd's around. so i reckon it's worth the investement, but i'm going to wait until it has a few more features.
Mark Two

Posted Wed 23 May 01 @ 8:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)