Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [SOUND SETUP]SB Live 5.1 plays only on rear! Not only in atomix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

until I had to format my whole system because of a HDD fault, atomix worked fine.
Now, after reinstalling all, I have a big problem. But not only in atomix. All music or system sound only is played on the rear output.
I have a SB Live Player 5.1 on a PIII 500 SCSI PC. I installed the SB drivers only and updated DirectX to Version 8.

mama

Posted Sun 25 Feb 01 @ 1:02 pm
Got it! :-)

Posted Sun 25 Feb 01 @ 3:59 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
please explain to our user how have you done this fix act !

Posted Tue 27 Feb 01 @ 9:23 pm
It seems like the SB Live has two problems:

1. If you install the Live Ware completly, it could freeze your system, because one of the installed components replaces a SB driver.

2. In Atomix the channels are changed. The rear ist the front and the front ist the rear channel.

First I installed only the drivers for the SB card. So it played and the system was ok. But because of the changed channels, I had to install the Audio HQ components too.
After rebooting, I didn´t start Windows. In the DOS mode, I had to edit the autoexec.bat and delete the first three entrys, made by creative. Then I rebooted. After checking the system stability, I started the HQ prog and defined in the dialog the path to the ahq files.

Then the card worked fine. Now I only had to define the "4 speakers" mode and atomix mixed!

By this way, thx to creative for their support mail. They said this is not a problem of creative, the drivers work fine, the software is ok and if I have any problems, I should explain it to the one I buyed my card from.
That´s the support we need, isn´t it!!

mama

Posted Wed 28 Feb 01 @ 7:56 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Mama,

I have a problem with a french user who use a sblive !
The two channels come on the same output, even if he choose 3D sound card or two sounds cards!

No more idea to help him ! If my memory is good he has register atomixmp3 so can access to this feature.

Can you help him ? If yes, just mail me at yannick@atomixmp3.com.
I will give you his mail.

Last, just know I will take time to answer mail because I've lost my mail program!!!

Posted Wed 28 Feb 01 @ 10:02 am
Hi Yan,

did you receive my email?
Did it help?

mama

Posted Thu 01 Mar 01 @ 8:37 am
AtomixMP3 (it rocks!) works great on my system, stuff supposed to be played in the front plays in the the front, and stuff that's supposed to be in the back plays in the back. Problem is, when something is playing in the front then I can hear it very quietly in the back, and if it is supposed to be played in the back I can hear it very quietly in the front. Normally this isn't a problem, but if I want to use the software on big speakers for a live audience, then they will hear the song that I'm cueing. Please help!

Posted Fri 27 Apr 01 @ 11:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)