Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please don't search the NetHood folder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While scanning your hard drive for song titles, please do not scan over the network neighborhood folder on Win2000 systems, located in each user's profile under (Nethood under your profile under Documents and Settings), as it will try to search every network share, website, ftp site, that is listed for every user on your system, often getting access denied and a hard crash in the program.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 01 @ 5:21 am
cinoanHome userMember since 2001
The way I avoid this, and long searches of my HD, is to keep all audio files together and use the SUBST command to create a fake drive letter that Atomixmp3 can search.

I.e. all my audio files are laid out in folders under c:audio. I can use the command SUBST M: C:AUDIOMP3 to create a drive M: that just contains the contents of the audio folder. Then, in Atomixmp3, I can choose to just search the M: drive.

Hope this is of some help. Idealy I'd like Atomixmp3 to use a checkbox/tree control to select the folders to search (like the one used by napster to select shared folders).

How well can the database handle large numbers of files? I'm looking at ~30Gb of Mp3 (7000 files). Will it be able to search and browse this size ok?

Keep up the good work.

Posted Wed 04 Apr 01 @ 10:30 pm
djskeetHome userMember since 2005
Working with huge filelists is no problem : about 80 gig an d 19000 song works perfect! (and yes, also when these drives are being searched from a network!)

Posted Fri 11 May 01 @ 1:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)