Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Scratching still sounds whack!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I love Atomix And I have loved It 4 a very long time- But! the scratch deal has never really worked! You know it sounds whacked! I sometimes will export a saved file and use another prog to scratch, it's just so hard to scratch with a digital file! it's not vinyl it's bytes so that makes it hard.

Posted Thu 22 Feb 01 @ 12:10 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
jimmy,
what are you talking about...
THERE IS NO SCRATCHING OPTION IN ATOMIX.........
lol,have you been moving the blooody visual mix window back and forth..???
SILLY!!!!

Peace, and wake up
DJ Nero

Posted Thu 17 May 01 @ 10:07 am
Yeah nice thought, but quite what it was meant for?! I think trying to implement too many things into Atomix is just going to end up making it into an unstable program. Scratching should be left to Vinyl! Atomix is the best mixer program out there, but dont try scratching with it....bad idea!

Posted Thu 17 May 01 @ 10:41 pm
Well, I'm a Linux user and I have a program called "terminatorX" that does scratching, pitch adjusting, mute for while rewinding, has filters, and you can add various "turntables" as you want to. It uses mp3 as well. I'll look for a ported version of it for windows, since output management in Linux becomes more dificult, I'm a newbie, I'm beggining to learn how to mix, how to adjust pitch, scratching, etc... and I think that that program in aother pc running any Unix based system with X windows, attached to the mix table can do some good work. Well, I'll post it's URL as soon as I find it, I use SuSE Linux, and it came with it. It's in suse.com, as rpm with binaries, and as srpm (source code).

Greets,

bluey

Posted Fri 25 May 01 @ 3:07 pm

Posted Fri 25 May 01 @ 3:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)