Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Huge Bug In BPM Detection

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi,

i just downloaded atomixmp3 and have been playing around for about an hour... the main problem i have encountered is when the prog detects the BPM, it's not accurate at all... i mean, in most of the hip-hop style songs, the detected BPM is twise the actual BPM... and in some techno songs, the detected BPM is half the actual BPM...

so what i suggest is, if it's difficult to fix the bug in the source code, i suggest you simply add two buttons in the interface... one button when clicked should update the BPM by dividing it by two and the other button when clicked, should multiply the BPM by two... or something that would even be great is to let the user enter the BPM manually in the playlist or somewhere...

i'm a programmer myself.... so if you guys need any help, just contact me with the prob, i would be more than glad to help develop this piece of great software cos i'm totally bored with PCDJ 1200SLX and i badly want atomix to complete so that i can purchase it without a doubt and use it for my dj business...

peace,
dj-nitehawk.

Posted Mon 25 Dec 00 @ 8:26 am
Sorry guys, i made a mistake...

in the above post, i said that the BPMs are detected half or twise of the actualy BPM, i was wrong... it's not half or twise...

songs with an actual BPM of less than 100 are detected by the prog completely wrongly... songs with actual BPM greator than 100 are no problem and can mix...

if the actual BPM

Posted Mon 25 Dec 00 @ 9:39 am
if the actual bpm is less than 100, the prog detects it to be about 30 to 50 bpm more than the actual bpm...

ex: we will rock you - n'sync has actual 90bpm and the prog detects it to be 135bpm...

jambory - nbn has 92bpm and atomix detects it to be 138bpm...

so, please look into the bpm detection part again...

oh n, sometimes the correct bpm is displayed in the LOCAL figure...

peace,
nitehawk.

Posted Mon 25 Dec 00 @ 9:44 am
Hello Dj-Nitehanwk,

You can enter manually the BPM in the files list.

You just have to double-clik on the BPM column of one track to introduce the BPM if it hasn't been detected correctly.

Sincerely,
----------
Felix (c8!
AtomiXmp3 'Latin' Team
http://www.atomixmp3.com/

Posted Tue 09 Jan 01 @ 10:23 pm
Dont mix crap music simple =-D

Posted Mon 15 Jan 01 @ 2:02 pm
nice prog

Posted Tue 24 Apr 01 @ 10:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)