Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: I wish atomixmp3 has a turntable for scratching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It would be very nice and allmy friends want it too.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 8:43 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Mmm, let me give my opinion (may I ;-)?)

1. I think scratching isn't that important
2. Such a turntable takes a lot of place on your screen
3. Scratching with a mouse isn't that easy. Use a normal turntable. It's much more easy
4. I think the team (I'd looove to become a member! Have you read this mama? ;-)) has to solve other problems or just make existing functions better (sorry :-() before implementing new functions (in each case, before implementing BIG new functions, like a scratcher, because as far as I know it's not easy to program: maybe the effect is easy, but reading the movement of a mouse in a circular (or how do you say this) is quite difficult in Windows (I don't know how it is on other OSs)

OK, that's it. Reply if you don't agree with this (if you want: dj_ikke@hotmail.com)

Greetz, ikke

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 8:57 pm
Ikke, why you say this???The scratch effect is the best effect exsisting...Have you ever tried to mix and scratch with a real turntable in a party???It's the most required effect...And a lot of programs (like traktor dj) have this feature...But I love atomix mp3 and I'll never betray the atomix team!!!But I don't know how many resources require this effect...

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 10:42 pm
get a real turntable for scratch effect, i did.
those computer scratch effects aren't very convincing and i completely agree with ikke that the existing features must be perfected before putting a whole lot new ones.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 1:20 am
But have you ever tried traktor dj scratch effect?it' the same effect which you have to scratching a real vinyl, by press a button...And Atomix mp3 hasn't a lot of bugs to correct...It's wonderful, if atomix team develop this effect 4 this fantastic program... :-))If I use a turntable to scratch while I using atomixmp3, it's a bad image in a party, and the effect is always the same...(the modernity of computer and the anthiquity of a turntable...)

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 10:23 am
Isn't professional for a dj which using this fantastic program in clubs and scratch with a vinyl...

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 10:26 am
Yes, I already scratched on a party (with real vynil). If u want, you can use a scratch-sample in AtomixMP3, so you get a scratch sound. If you give me your e-mail adres, I can send you some of them.
Also, scratching on PC isn't the same as scratching in reallity.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 5:30 pm
Hi, before you tell me which scratching on PC isn't the same as scratching in reallity,try traktor dj mixer,by pressing a button, you can scratch any mp3 like if u have a real turntable...

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 11:21 pm
Has anyone ever tried the scratch function in otsjuke? Waaaay better than the one in traktor ...
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 4:36 pm
Well, something for the team now: I wrote that as far as I know, it's difficult to follow the mouse on a circel. Well, I found a (good! ;-)) solution. If you want to implement a scratcher, and you have problems to read out the mouse movement (which is almost impossible with your math brains ;-) lol), email me (dj_ikke@hotmail.com), I'll try to explain how you can do it (by using some maths).

Greetz & merry Xmas to everyone, ikke

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:08 pm
Ikke, the best solution for scratching is a button which make this...Isn't it?

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 10:06 pm
Maybe, but with a button you can't choose how long (far) you scratch, or how fast (or you can change some parameters, but that's almost not possible "on the fly")

Greetz & merry Xmas (I finally logged in: thx guys!), ikke

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 10:58 am
I think with a button you enable the pitch bend, and a button who made the same thing, but more faster...(like I brake the vinyl...)Look at traktor dj, and you know what I mean...Look a t the reverse button...

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 1:44 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
I have a CDJ-1000 which I use as a third channel with Atomix and I scratch on it. I would not want to use a mouse to do it...

Hehe, for the linux program 'TerminatorX' there is a guide to taking an old turntable, removing the guts, and putting a mouse inside to control the program with :D

Posted Tue 25 Dec 01 @ 12:40 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
dat soouds orrite, puttin a mouse in decks.

Posted Tue 25 Dec 01 @ 10:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)