Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: question????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought two 3d SB, My question is how i install the both of them?

my computer recognize one of them.
maybe it's problem in the preformances of my computer (irq)

How i solve it?

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 8:17 pm
hmmm a second sound card... this is the most unlikely event ever to happen, unless you work miracles...

i had 2 soundcards working once on my pentium 133... ahem and it worked, but they had different slot types (one was pci and the other was so old i dont even recall its name!)

then i upgraded my computer, and tried to get it working, but to no avail... i gave up and started practicing watching the visuals, and beatmatching via that, and very small increments in the crossfader. I know this might not help much but I hope you didnt spend a great deal on your second soundcard, as it may never actually work.

dj dawson uk ; )

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 1:01 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I Have been running two 3d soundcards in my computer with no problems...for some time now.

I use a SB5.1 live and also an audigy card.

Install the main card with any 'packaged software' disable it in the control panel and then load the drivers only for the second sound card.

When i am running Atomix i then just enable the drivers only card as an when i need to as the packaged software does not like both the cards enabled at once.

With a little trial and error you will succeed ( you can allocate the IRQ's if neccessary

hope this helps

STU

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 1:14 am
Thank's i'll try it.........

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 5:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)