Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Regarding the Winamp Vis Plugin Wrapper .....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have never had atomix crash on me alone .... but I have had it crash on me several times due to running the Winamp Vis Plugin Wrapper ... It really slows down my system and the vis. plugins that I do run through it work maybe 65% of the time.

Is there anyone who has NO problems with it ?

This is not a critical issue .... but it would be nice to have some stability running visualizations when going live. I am running XP .. I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 3:21 am
Hi Trip !

Which winamp visual plug ins did you use ??

I use the AVS and the Wildagent and it works good...

Nico

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 10:19 am
I think it's REALLY slow at times and I too have seen it crash but I had no problems getting any plugins to work...
As I said in an earlier post I even got the AVS to work with some pretty heavy presets including AVI-videoclips in the effects used .. it was pretty fluid most of the time but sometimes (not at moments during playback but rather some days) it seems kinda laggy...
I even got the AVS to work in on my TV-output(filled the whole TV-display with just a small AVS-window visible on the monitor thanx to the (experimental) overlay-mode i AVS) while I had Atomix on the PC-screen.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:28 am
[PS]
When it actually did crash it seemed to crash every single time I tried to start a new song after an extended period of silence(=both decks stopped)..
I'm no plugin-wiz' but I have a vague theory that it might have to do with the fact that the Winamp-plugins expects artist-title information when a new track is started and that somehow might screw it all up.

But just as with the laggy behaviour it seems to have it's good days as well as some really shitty days: I can have AVS running w/o any problems some days even though it's no fun anymore since the overlay-mode don't work anymore and I can't get it to work again (due to updated drivers for my geForce2 MX).

[/PS]

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:34 am
Anytime I load in the WildTangent Plugin: Gives me an error message saying that the plugin has been tampered with. Nullsoft Tiny Fullscreen makes atomix crash. Milkdrop runs terribly slow but the advanced vis. studio works great !

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 3:35 pm
did u try to reinstall the wildagent?? what is u os because i have the same probleme under win 98 and no under xp (dual os on my pc)

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 9:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)