Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: what OS ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey guys i am using celeron 400 mhz and 64 Mb of ram i don't know what OS i am going to setup win XP or Win 98 which one can u offer me can xp bring difficulties to me?which one will be faster?thnx for all ur replies

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 7:13 pm
Since you only got 64mb of ram I would go with Win98 because 64meg is very little when using WinXP ...
and also 400Mhz is a bit thight for Xp ...
Hope this helps ...
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 7:48 pm
Go for win98se. I have used atomixmp3 on a p2 350 with 32meg ram and win98se was the best between 95,98,98seand me.

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 9:11 pm
I second that. With your system specifications Windows 98 Second Edition is the best choice. Not a bad OS really.

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 9:25 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
A 400 mhz processor isn't too slow for XP, but you better use 128 or even better 256 Mb RAM.
I personally don't like 98 because it always crashed (but that's because I did something wrong on my machine;-)). I think XP is really loads better, but not everybode agrees on that.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 10:08 pm
I agree with ikke in that if you can up the RAM to at least 128MB, I would go with XP (simply because it is soo much more reliable). Otherwise Win98SE (or ME if you have to) is your best bet.

Cheers...
Swift

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 11:27 pm
thanx man i am going to use win 98 but i wish i could use xp one day :))

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 12:20 am
xp requires min. 97 mb. ram to install.

.djmutley

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 3:51 am
No.... that's false... I have win XP on my laptop with only 64 mb of ram and it works faster than 98...

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 4:55 am
DJ Akira

are you using the all visual effects on your laptop?or xp seems like older versions of windows?cuz i am using a laptop too

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 11:44 am
I'm using WinXP and I have a problem; everytime I go down on a girl I get a pubic hair stuck in my throat. The latest one remained lodged for 24 hours, all my attempts to dislodge it before that time were unsuccessful - from drinking nitric acid to pushing a pair of tweezers down my throat to find the offending pube.

Does anyone on here have a tried & tested way of getting rid of the curse known as 'hairy-throat'?

Please help, this is actually a serious post. It can sometimes be deadly - anybody who has gone down on an olive-skinned dark haired girl knows what I mean.

Me.

p.s. I have found that the cure to 'fish breath' that usually follows a bout of carpet munching is Colgate Menthol.

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 1:34 pm
The worst is when you have braces.

My adivce ... tell that hairy beast to shave !
(Try doing it yourself ... its lots of fun !!!)

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 7:41 pm
try shaving them little guy

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 10:32 pm
tRY Blondes

Posted Fri 01 Feb 02 @ 2:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)