Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Regarding External Mixers. Help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've read about lots of people using an external mixer and I would like to take my mixing to another level, so those with such setups I was wondering if you could describe them too me. I have a soundblaster live value, but am willing to buy more soundcards, basically anything to use an external mixer so that I can use an EQ.

What sort of mixer should I be looking at, I really have no idea!! What brands are others using and how much did they cost.

Sidetracking, I still cannot get over how cool Atomix is. I've used it since the beginning and I am ripping up all the parties that I mix at.

Thanking everyone in advance who can help.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 8:04 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I think first of all you have to tell us how much you are able to spent before starting to choose a mixer.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 8:37 pm
As I said, I am willing to spend whatever amounts. As a rough guess, say $500 or something. I don't really know how much they cost.

Posted Sat 26 Jan 02 @ 3:34 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you want to break the bank, go with the Raine. However more moderate pricing, and pretty good reliability can be found in the Numark line of mixers. Lots of available features depending how much you want to spend. I have a pretty nice Numark with an onboard beat counter. It's about 3 years old now and has performed flawlessly. I also have in my back-up rack an American DJ mixer, I think it was about 200 bucks. It too has some nice features. I've had it for several years also and left it in place in one of my regular clubs. It was used twice a week for the past year or so, and has also performed flawlessly.
Good luck picking out a nice one.

Rick

Posted Sat 26 Jan 02 @ 3:56 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Also take a look at the pioneer mixers and the Roland DJ 2000.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Sat 26 Jan 02 @ 7:16 pm
I use Gemini PMX-3000. I know that this is very old mixer but it has almost every (basic & advanced) features. If I had money right now I would immidiately buy Pioneer DJM-600. It is the best mixer I have ever seen.

Posted Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 12:56 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A good selection are also the new Behringer VMX200 or 300. They cost about 150-200€.

Posted Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 4:37 pm
After years of using great mixers in clubs and a not so great one at home, I saved up my pennies and have just bought a Pioneer DJM600 - WHAT A TOOL!!! - it will be the mixer all others are judged by. If you can afford it, go for it, you won't regret it!

P.S. I chose the DJM600 cuz it also has 4 line channels, 2 for Atomix and 2 for the shiney new CDJ1000's sitting each side of it - the ultimate DJ setup I believe ¦¬)

P.P.S. Anyone want a second hand Gemini PS626 Pro - I'm broke now!

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 2:40 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
I use a behringer DX-500, its great u will never look back (though the sampler is a bit dodgy)

.::DJ2nV::.

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 12:08 pm
Hey thanks guys for all your info.

Im still a bit puzzled as to how the mixer gets connected up to the soundcard etc.

I would hate to lay out some money on a good mixer and then think "err" how do I make it work. LOL

Thanks guys

Posted Fri 01 Feb 02 @ 7:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)