Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Macro/record mix settings.. [cross post]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been playing with the demo. I'm really not that talented at getting the mixes the way I want. It takes a few times to get it right. I'd love to try making a good CD, but I doubt that I will be able to "spin" for an hour ++ straight without screwing up.

Ideally, there would be a way for me to do a beat mix of a pair of tracks and have the software remember how I did. I could save a "perfect" mix for each track transition and then assemble a playlist and have the software build me the set.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this either with atomixmp3 or with some other tool(s)?

Thanks

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 8:55 am
Well hopefully in version 2.0 this feature will be available, the only software that has this feature for now is traktor, you can save the mix, and the playlist, and if you like it you can furthere record it to your hardware, if there are suttle changes which are volume or crossfading you can change it while recording.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 2:03 pm
You just have to understand Atomixmp3 is not the perfect tool for live mixing not for recording mixes... Of course if you are good at Atomixmp3 you could make a nice recording, but it doesn't matter how good you are, everybody makes one or two (big?) mistakes in an hour with Atomixmp3 (if you don't, the mix still isn't optimal of course). But that's not the fault of the software, it isn't just optimized for recording... I would say: Use Atomixmp3 for live mixing and MIXMEISTER 3 (or pro) for recording mixes. Mixmeister is the perfect tool for non-live mixes (because it is optimized for that purpose). It's pure graphical and you can just sit back and click your mix! Try it! Use bass (one standard dB and the other -15 dB) and volume to mix two (OR MORE!) songs together at the same time... Just try it, i love it, but it takes about 3 hours to make the ultimate perfect mix of an hour instead of... an hour... www.mixmeister.com

I must tell you, you need lots of practice to reach the mixing level of atomixmp3 or of course to overgrown its level... But after two hours of practice or so you are a master!

Ok, and by the way, i don't work for mixmeister!

Greetz,
Dirk (Still Atomixmp3 is my favourite software, also because i am a live DJ)

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 2:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)