Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: winamp DSP compatibility - can we reomve that from 2.0 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, is there anybody on earth who uses atomix with some dsp plugins from winamp ?

Or could we safely remove this old feature out from atomix 2.0 (Atomix 2.0 has its own effect plugins, with a full SDK to write your own beat-aware effects).

For the dev team,
Stephane C.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 7:37 pm
fine by me .. only ones i ever used crashed the puter!!
while yer at it tho, can u add echo and reverb effects to the prog - cheers =)

Posted Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 7:48 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Many winamp dsp plugins don't work very well under Atomix, and when they work the time latency is too important. I think we should remove this feature.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 7:54 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I tried a couple of the plug-ins, found them to be un-useable. I can't think of one good reason that Atomix needs to be compatible with these plug-ins even as it stands now. With the planned improvements of the next version, they become even less important. Remove this feature, especially if it'll help the release come out sooner.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 9:32 pm
yeah remove that and add these native plugins:

full screen sensivity adjustable strobe effect
output bpm as midi clock
beat counting / adjusting by tapping a key or from incoming midi clock (to sync songs with external sequencers, beat counters etc)
bpm locked but divideable or manual delay, echo, cut etc effect (like in pioneer mixer maybe?)

Posted Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 10:25 am
Never used it before, never going to use it in the future ! Go ahead !!! ;)

Posted Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 1:15 pm
What's this talk of Atomixmp3 V.2.0?? I thought the next release was 1.2 but I see that the 'news' page mentions the upcoming release of 2.0 and now Mr. Clavel talks of version 2.0. What's happening?

The Atomix Team said a long time ago that all 1.* releases would be free upgrades for existing users, but that version 2.* would have to be bought by everyone and would not be a free upgrade as it would be very different to the current versions and would be like a separate program to Atomix 1.*...

So let's hear it then, is 1.2 going to be called 2.0? All these effects being talked about, were they added after the beta release from Ejay?

Posted Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 2:43 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
The version 2.0 will be free for registered users.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 3:38 pm

Take the support for WinAmp DSPs out.

The SDK will be much more powerfull (will require a bit more creativity though ;-))

Also, I guess it would remove a potential risk of being later than expected ;-)

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 4:08 pm
Aside from DFX which is a sound enhancing plug-in...the rest of winamps plugs are pretty much useless. Latency is too horendous. (sp?)

The Goner

P.S. Ver 2.0? What happened to 1.2?

Posted Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 7:07 pm
1.2 was changed into 2.0, but it is still the same product.

Does this SDK allow coders to implement a loop function ? :-) Or is there already such a plug-in on its way ?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 01 @ 2:19 pm
v2.0 already includes a native auto-loop feature.

Stephane C.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 01 @ 5:56 pm
yay for native looping :)

all the plugins i tried either crashed or had shocking latency... i say ditch them!

al

Posted Mon 19 Nov 01 @ 11:02 pm
ok, it's too late now if you wanted to say keep them, because I just removed it and deleted the source code.

Stephane C.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 4:35 am
hmmm shoutcast plugin says all ;)

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 1:07 am
btw what programmer deletes its sourcecode?? that's just... well never mind ;)

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 1:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)