Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: To Normalize or not to normalize.....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
so, when encoding MP3's who is normalizing and why... also whi is not normalizing and why???

Posted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 8:24 pm
I never normalize because of the sheer amount of time it takes, but I am seriously thinking about doing it, it would make my mixes much easier and much better sounding.

If anyone can recommend a very good program for normalizing MP3's, please could you tell me.

Posted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 9:04 pm
Incidently, I have been looking but cannot find any MP3 normalization software that works in WinXp...

If anyone knows of one that does, please say.

Posted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 9:51 pm
What about MP3 workshop ? Doesn't that work for you ?
I've downloaded it (from www.mp3workshop.net) but haven't used it yet.
From what I've been told it seems to allow batch processing.

(Make sure to try it out on COPIES of your original file(s) as it alters the files, so if you make a mess of it there's nothing lost)

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 10:06 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
so, what you're saying is to normalize?? I've been using audio catalyst. Used it in Windows 2kpro. I don't think I've normalized any files since I Up'd to XP. I don't think it'll be a problem tho. Any change in sound quality with a normalized file?

Posted Mon 01 Oct 01 @ 2:18 pm
Simple. I use CoolEdit Pro 1.2a to do all my normalizing. With my custom batch processing script -- all I do is highlight my entire directory, goto bed, and wake up to a batch of normalized files. Fantastic eh?

- casper

Posted Mon 01 Oct 01 @ 8:24 pm
I find when I don't normalize, I get BIG volume problems!! I try and keep everything separated on my drive, normalized, and not normalized. I used MP3 Workshop, it does allow batch lists, but only does @ 100 at a time.

Saint James

Posted Tue 02 Oct 01 @ 4:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)