Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Custom Portable Computers, Powerful, portable, and low cost, build custom for u

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, ive been a user of the Atomix software ever since it first came out, so long ago i cant remember the name it used to be called

Anyways i see alot of you wondering about laptop, live use, etc and i would like to share the custom solution i have for you all

I have a computer system that fits inside a 12"x"12.5"x3" thick case. It features an Intel Pentium3 866mhz processor with 133mhz bus, Intel 815E chipset so you can support the ultra fast ata100 Harddrives, It has a standard size IDE 16x10x40 Yamaha CDRW drive that burns cd's in undr 5 minutes, 30gig Harddrive, 256megs of pc133 ram, 2 PCI slots for soundcards, Also has 4 USB ports, and 2 Firewire ports and onboard sound and video, not to mention svideo and tv output. This is all the power of a Desktop in a very portable system

You can slip this and a flatscreen monitor into a case about the size of your record bag and have all the power of a desktop in something not much larger than a laptop. Did i mention this cost about half as much as a laptop and gives you twice the power

Heres what i think the ideal price/performance setup is:

intel p3 866mhz processor
256megs pc133 RAM
30gig Ultra100 HD
12x CDRW drive
Floppy Drive

Your cost $900

of course since i build each one custom, you could select for say... a 700mhz celeron, 128megs ram, 20gig Hd, 56x cdrom drive and the case and it would only run you about $600 or less and on the other side of the coin, I could do a system with 80gig Harddrive, 512megs of RAM, 16x cd burner etc

Ive been building computer systems for audio applications for a few years now and im familar with all soundcards, software and anything else you might have questions about,
so i will work with you and build you a custom solution for your needs

This system is great cuz it gives you so many options in soundcards, It has a nice stereo card built into it already but since you have PCI, USB and Firewire slots, you can select anything you want. although i really like the Echo Darla24, stereo inputs and 8 outputs at 24bit, cost $300 and sounds great. Also has latency of 4ms in cubase vst 5.0

And just as a reference for you all, i had a Dell Inspiron800 800mhz p3 laptop last month. It cost me $2200 for the system, plus $350 for a 12x cdburner and another $600 for a VX pocket 4output soundcard. Thats over $3000 for a system that was scoring less that 50% of what mine does on benchmarks.

laptops are great if you want to do spread sheets on the plane, but as musicans i think what we all really want is a system that is easy to transport to a gig, offers great performance and also is a good value

Email me at LiquidSoundDistortion@hotmail.com with any questions and i will help get you setup with a system thats perfect for your needs and budget

Sorry if anyone is upset that i posted this here, but i think its related to this software and also something alot of users would like to know about

Posted Fri 06 Apr 01 @ 10:33 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
To all our users,

please ba careful with this mail.
He has asked autorisation but have already posted his mail before an answer. So we don't know if it a serious service.

Besides, WE ARE NOT RESPONSABLE of this message.

But you can try to contact LuiquidSoundDistortion for more informations.

(sorry LiquidSound but I must post this just in case.... As I have said to you please mail the author)

Posted Fri 06 Apr 01 @ 3:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)