Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Switch off karaoke automation?
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well after 18 months of doing very little, my karaoke gig returns this week. Unfortunately at some point in the last year and a half, something's happened to my VDJ. I have VDJ 8 and VDJ2021 installed on my gig laptop, the idea being that if I didn't get on with the new 2021 version I could go back to where I was, but unfortunately my VDJ8 install seems to have got messed up.

I used to use the karaoke rotation feature in VDJ purely to show the nexxt singer(s) onscreen inbetween songs. I'd have some music videos playing in automix between tracks, with the rotation display showing on top. Don't recall how I did it, but this did not mess with the playback. No automation whatsoever, just DJing as normal with two decks via my controller. My problem is that in the latest version, this doesn't seem to be an option - if you want the karaoke rotation displayed on the video output, then VDJ automates the playback - automatically stopping the background tracks when you start a karaoke song, automatically jumping to the next karaoke song when the last one ends, that kind of thing. I DO NOT WANT THIS! Please, is there a way of showing the rotation list on the video output without VDJ taking control of the decks? Cheers, John

Posted Mon 20 Sep 21 @ 8:47 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Edit - just found the karaoke_show script, seems to have solved the problem. Sorry, it's been a while, think I've gone a bit rusty since lockdown... ;)

Posted Mon 20 Sep 21 @ 9:06 pm