Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Right fader not working on Pioneer DDJ-SB3
I have an SB3 controller and the right fader channel doesn't cut on until I am 3/4 of the way over. Has anyone come across this before? Is there a software setting in Virtual DJ that needs changing?

I have asked in other forums and the only two responses I get back are switch to Serato (not happening) or buy a more expensive controller (also not happening).

It works fine otheriwse.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 5:33 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
some styles of faders are consumables, they can break over time with normal use, try blasting it it compressed air or contact cleaner.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 5:37 pm
It's new, but I'll give it a try.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 6:07 pm
there's nothing in vdj that would effect one deck but not another, unless it was purposely scripted that way.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 6:41 pm
Amazon refunded me for the controller, but also didn't require me to send it back. If I could get that to work, I would have a free controller and that would be sweet lol.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 7:00 pm
They'll be YT videos on how to replace the fader [right side is reportedly easier than the left] And the parts are cheap.
Good luck.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 7:26 pm
Also use the VDJ Pioneer DDJ-SB3 Mapper Tab to see the values the fader outputs. They should be, from 0.00 to 1.00 for that fader as it moves from the bottom to top of its range. If that fader is outputting that range then it is working correctly. (and compare to the correctly working faders on the controller)

ajthedj4600 wrote :
I have asked in other forums and the only two responses I get back are switch to Serato (not happening) or buy a more expensive controller (also not happening).

Does it work correctly with Serato ?

Posted Sun 19 Sep 21 @ 8:42 pm