Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem playing downloaded tracks in new VDJ pro 2021
Just transferred from VDJ 8 with no problems but in the new version 2021. Some of my tracks do not play or load and then I get circle of death. It seems that only my converted YouTube tunes to MP3 are affected. This never happened on 7 or 8 but just paid for upgrade and many tunes just don't play or are taking ages to load. Also lots of my played tunes do not appear in my history? Any advice much appreciated.

Posted Sat 31 Jul 21 @ 2:57 pm
if its a valid mp3 file that plays in other programs shouldn't be an issue. Maybe what ever you use to convert these files is having an issue.

fyi what your doing isn't exactly legal

Posted Sat 31 Jul 21 @ 6:52 pm
If you buy your music in the correct manor ( like many people do ) and not steal it you won't get any problems loading or playing them.SUPPORT THE ARTIST.

Posted Sat 31 Jul 21 @ 8:08 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@BROADBEAN What wickedmix said seems right. [& DJ Skylite for that matter]
youTube rips sound pretty crumby anyway, and who knows what you're actually getting with software that facilitates piracy [at best crumby rips, at worst virus', or likely both].

That said, forgetting yt rips [you won't get much support for that angle] does your history issue happen with legit tracks? I download tracks from all over [no nasty ripping thou], free net labels, bandcamp, soundcloud and if I'd have seen a problem I'd have reported it.

Good choice on going pro btw, the forum [including the devs] will help iron out any issues you have, but piracy is a redline that sort of shuts down the conversation.

Posted Sat 31 Jul 21 @ 8:56 pm
No Prob's that's what i was on about the piratecy side of it if people do that sort of thing they should keep it to themselves and not admit to the world as it open a big can of worms.

Posted Sat 31 Jul 21 @ 9:12 pm
We just updated our virtual dj software and now songs load but will not play while computer is connected to speaker but will play when not connected

Posted Mon 16 May 22 @ 5:27 pm
Why do so many searches through the virtual DJ database come up with so many song files that when tried to play come up error? Why is there so many unplayable songs in the database?

Posted Tue 21 Jun 22 @ 2:10 am
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
DJ Skylite wrote :
If you buy your music in the correct manor ( like many people do ) and not steal it you won't get any problems loading or playing them.SUPPORT THE ARTIST.

Yep!

Posted Tue 21 Jun 22 @ 4:38 am
djdave123456 wrote :
Why do so many searches through the virtual DJ database come up with so many song files that when tried to play come up error? Why is there so many unplayable songs in the database?

Usually because you have moved them around outside VDJ, and they have then been re-added from their new locations

Posted Tue 21 Jun 22 @ 9:34 am