Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Library Organization: Converting from Serato

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi DJs,

I am in the process of converting from Serato DJ. I used RekordCloud to make the conversion and that was simple. What it did is create playlist from my crates in Serato. This was fine for the most part, but I read that playlist were different than virtual folders and I think virtual folders is what I need to have. Here is my thinking and some questions. Please let me know if I have missed something:

1. I have never used OS folders to organize music. I typically use one folder each year for new downloads. I always used Serato crates and smart crates for organization.
2. I am using filters to replace smart crates
3. crates in Serato served the same purpose as playlist (songs for an event) and virtual folders (organizing the library)
4. Now I want to convert playlist that are really library organizers such as "Wedding Cake Cutting Songs" into virtual folders. Question: Is there a way to convert them automatically? or do I have to create VF and drag and drop and then delete the playlist?
5. Create a virtual folder for all songs, which I can make from the automatically created playlist _collection. Question: Is there a need for a virtual folder to represent the entire library?
6. Question: Is there an advantage of favorites in this scheme if so what is it?

Posted Fri 15 Jan 21 @ 1:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)