Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ 2021 - Sample pads window.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

riccojsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Creators,

I am not a developer but have some knowledge. What I have done is create a window of just the sample pads using ALT+P to open and close the window in the default VDJ Pro Skin. I am using an external touch monitor for controlling 64 samples on a separate screen. Below is what I have and what is working but I would like to add the controls for samples. I would like some help getting this window finished up and I have included a picture of what I am looking for with the only change is increasing the button size of the left and right arrows.

I have placed the below code at the bottom of the XML file. Also, increase the border size of the window. Another item that is not needed but would be nice would be a long press of the button on the touch screen turns the effect off and a short press turns it on or repeated short presses start it from the beginning.

If this is a big project I am willing to compensate for the time to create this sizeable no scroll bar window.

Thanks so much
John

<!--
BUTTON BANK
-->
<window name="Pads_Window" posx="100" posy="100" width="1024" height="768" color="black" shown="false" effects="yes" border="white" >
<sampler>
<size width="1024-10" height="768-10-33"/>
<pos x="5" y="5+33"/>
</sampler>
</window>
</skin>

Posted Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 2:34 am
You can make your own buttons, and own pads, and not use the browser elements.
If you want full freedom and fully customize exactly what you want..

just <button action="sampler_pad 1" ...> etc for each pad
Then your own arrow buttons to change sampler bank with action sampler_bank +1

Maybe that would be something since you probably want very big buttons on a touch monitor that is as small as 786px https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20Button.html

Posted Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 11:09 am
Thanks for your reply, But the solution is even deeper than my knowledge. As I stated I have what I need I just want to be able to change the selection of samples. Now on the other hand building, a complete pad sounds tempting.

Thanks
John

Posted Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 3:54 pm
Okay I really like the button idea and I am learning! but struggling with layout, showing info on the button itself.

Thanks
John

Posted Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 5:05 pm
Multi touche

Posted Thu 11 Mar 21 @ 9:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)