Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 2021 with Denon Prime 4 - Page: 1
Dear Virtual DJ Team,

first let my start with: Wow, what you are doing is awesome! I use VDJ for years now and what I updated were my controllers from time to time. The software has been powerful always, but improves with every new release.

I love the flexibility and customization features. Everything works perfect and stable. Can't remember, when it crashed the last time.
I use your software as a hobbyist and create mix-videos on my small but growing channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI85y8RLyZenoc3k8AA5jyQ

There I use all your video-skin features and the webcam plugin to create live sets, that provide additional information on my actions. My current setup includes two Reloop RP7000 and the Reloop-Touch controller. Even though I do no scratching, I use timecodes to have an old school feeling on controls in addition to alle the new features available.

Some month ago the Virtual DJ official account on YouTube subscribed to my channel, which made my extrem proud to see.

Now, I am looking for a new Controller and found with a big smile on my face, that you provide full support for the Denon Prime 4.

This combination of Virtual DJ with Prime 4, I would like to promote and use it in my future videos. To whom do I have to talk about that?

Greetings from Germany and keep up doing such a great work!

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 9:27 am

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 12:55 pm
Thank you Rune for your quick reply,

the question was not about the setup. I think this is doable anyways. The question was, if there is any interest of Virtual DJ to support people doing such a promotion? To show mix-videos of the Denon Prime 4 in conjunction with Virtual DJ?

Greetings

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 6:51 pm
Not sure what you mean by "support"?
Share the broadcast or like? The VirtualDJ social media page does that from time to time (and even already did on yours as you mentioned ;-)

If you mean sponsor, perhaps keep broadcasting and build and audience for now.
Currently its only 49 followers at your Youtube, perhaps a bit early to ask sponsorship ;-)

Watched some .. nice stuff. Just keep on mixing and the channel will grow over time for sure ..

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 6:57 pm
I would say that if you plan to use the Prime 4 just as a controller then it'd be a waste of money. Basically it would be the equivalent of the Reloop Touch that you already have.

The whole idea behind the Prime series is that they're standalone units, that don't need DJ software.

If you want to show the power of the Prime 4 standalone, then Denon DJ's own forum would be the best place to mention your shows.

Posted Sat 31 Oct 20 @ 7:56 pm
Hey Rune,

yeah you're absolutely right. The channel is very small. But when I was searching YouTube on Videos, that show Prime 4 with Virtual DJ, I found very few only. And most of them have only been some shaky small reviews. And I thought, showing your work with my small channel could be better, than don't showing nearly anything at all.

Of cause I totally understand your point. And you gave the answer I'd expected beforehand, but I just wanted to have asked ;-)

@groovindj: Using the Prime 4 is some kind of wasting money, I you do not use the standalone features. But I want to continue to use Virtual DJ in the background, since this gives me a lot of features the Prime 4 in standalone doesn't provide: Video processing with overlays, DMX, Timecode Vinyls.
And you're right, when you say, that the feature set of the Reloop Touch and Prime 4 (when using it with VDJ) might not differ a lot. But actually I am looking for a successor to the Reloop Touch, which brought me to the Prime 4.

Maybe there will be a controller with touch interface like the Reloop Touch, that is a controller only and therefore the price could be more affordable.

Thank you both for your open answers!

Posted Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 10:03 am
Certainly the Prime 4 is more versatile than the Reloop Touch, due to the standalone functionality (I have a Prime 4 and it's amazing).

If you will use it mainly as a standalone player, but occasionally as a controller, then yes it is something that I recommend.

The lack of videos which show the Prime units with VDJ clearly reflect the intended use. Most people buying Prime units are doing so because they want the standalone use.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 11:34 am
Well I finally did it. I bought a Denon Prime 4 and it works great with Virtual DJ:
https://youtu.be/rP7e92jnQWw
Thank you VDJ for supporting Denon Prime DJ Series! It's just awesome!

Posted Sat 13 Feb 21 @ 2:41 pm
Hello,

for me, the denon prime 4 with virtual dj 2021 is quieter than in standalone mode.
Is that normal ?
or is there a setting that I have to make?

Can you help me there?

Thank you very much in advance.

Randy

Posted Tue 22 Jun 21 @ 1:44 pm
What's your zerodb setting?

Posted Tue 22 Jun 21 @ 2:54 pm
in Virtual DJ: default

what do you think,
can I set it higher?

Posted Tue 22 Jun 21 @ 4:11 pm
dj-randy wrote :
quieter than in standalone mode

When doing what? The USB audio output level (for recording or broadcasting) has been set very low by Denon and there's no way to increase it.

Posted Tue 22 Jun 21 @ 4:50 pm
Quote :

When doing what? The USB audio output level (for recording or broadcasting) has been set very low by Denon and there's no way to increase it.

It is louder in standalone mode when, for example, I just play a MP3 Tital via a USB stick or in TIDAL. If I then switch to computer mode and open Virtual DJ on the Macbook, the same song is definitely quieter!

dbzeromode was on default! If I set the value to 2, then it is actually the same loud.

What do you think the value 2 is acceptable?

Posted Tue 22 Jun 21 @ 5:48 pm
Same question as above. Virtualdj with prime 4 is virtually unusable due to the low volume issue what effect would it have setting zerodb to 2 permanently?

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 3:32 pm
The low volume on the Prime 4's USB recording/broadcasting signal has been set very low by Denon. It's not a VDJ issue.

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 4:28 pm
Hi, so it's not just when I'm recording or broadcasting it's really low master & headphone volume compared to standalone, when I switch between modes standalone volume is so much louder. Is there any other settings I'm maybe missing?

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 4:34 pm
Even with Serato dj master its louder ... Please Virtual dj check this problem

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 4:54 pm
VDJ uses the zeroDB command to cut clipping during mixing. That's probably the issue.

You could set a custom button to change the setting up or down depending if you're broadcasting or not I guess.

There was a big long thread on the Denon forum about this, but they're not interested in changing it. Even if they said they would it would probably take years to implement anyway.

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 4:57 pm
That's what I was saying though, its not related to broadcasting. If I'm in standalone and switch to vdj I have to turn up headphone cue and master to almost maximum to get the same levels as with standalone

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 5:23 pm
Liam959PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Vdj 2021 seems to work fine until i connect the prime 4 and then it just closes down. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you solve it?

Posted Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 2:19 pm
71%