Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: PAD_PAGE Dropdown-List is not sorted alphabetically on MAC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!

As the title says:
While on windows it is sorted alphabetically, the PAD_PAGE Dropdown-List on MAC is NOT sorted alphabetically.
This makes it kinda hard to find a pad_page on the fly.
Since it always was this way I wonder if nobody cares about this, or if there is some option to sort them (which I haven't discovered yet)?

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 3:46 am
EDIT: I kept messing with it, and I think it's on purpose
Because you can change their order where you edit the pad pages by dragging them up and down in the list section

They are not on windows either (for me at least) - See image below
There seems to be a kind of "triple sort" going on
- The first sort is the "assign to controller" part, where they are sorted by their current assignment
- The second sort seems to be for the native ones. And they are in a predefined none-alphabetically order it seems
- The third sort is for all the pad pages I have create myself. So there are at the bottom, but alphabetically ordered within the "group" if you will
Anyway... that's my experience - maybe someone can add more info?

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 4:32 am
I can confirm. Just go to "edit" and move your pages up or down. After this they are stored in the settings:

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 12:53 pm
Ok got it, thank you!

So then I would like to kindly ask the developers:
Could we please have an option to sort the pad_pages (among all those other criteria) also alphabetically?

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 2:00 pm
As said already: Just go to "edit" and move your pages up or down. You can generate your own order whitch also can be alphabetically.

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 3:02 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
As said already: Just go to "edit" and move your pages up or down. You can generate your own order whitch also can be alphabetically.

Ok thank you, I understood that and I appreciate your help!
But somehow it seems that there is also a sync button although I can sync my tracks manually.
Looks like people have a fetish for this kinda "automatic"-thing.
Sooo as asked already: Can we please just have an option to sort the pad_pages alphabetically?

Posted Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 9:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)