Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: see key difference of any song I choose

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

doug9474ControlleristMember since 2019
I am running 8.5 on Windows 10

I would like to be able to choose any song and see the key difference checkmark in the browser without actually playing the song

Similarly I want to be able to find "Compatible Songs" meaning use the filter: bpmdiff<=4 and keydiff=0 for any song I choose, not just the one playing

Switching the master deck and loading the song onto a deck I am not using doesn't work. Even if it did that would be less than ideal.

Why this is practical: I don't want to wait until a song is playing to find the next song in the list. I would like to do it a few songs in advance.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 3:26 am

Posted Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 7:22 am
I did. Then it was asking a question. When it couldn't be done, now it's a "wish and new feature" and I thought this is where wishes and new features go.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 2:56 am
Also... The replies didn't work.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 5:07 am
Sorry, I didn't notice it was in the wishes area. I'm not sure though why anyone would need this.

Surely if you're mixing in key then you would be choosing a compatible track to be next anyway (you wouldn't pick one that's wildly different) so it would already appear in the existing filter. Do you see what I mean?

Posted Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 7:43 am
Maybe it's just me... I'm not a pro, it's a lot of pressure having to find a song in three minutes lol.

I want to stay a couple songs ahead. For example choose a song that matches the 3rd song up

Posted Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 6:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)