Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: combine filters

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

doug9474ControlleristMember since 2019
Say I have filters A, B, C and filters 1, 2, 3 and I want to be able to find songs that are combinations of a letter filter and a number filter. Yes, I could create nine filters, but that would be more tedious.

Practically, one example is I would like to get compatible songs that match up with another one of my filters.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 10:19 am
Give us an actual example rather than just ABC 123.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 10:49 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
if i understand correctly ^^ this can be a good idea
say filter A "year >1960", filter B "year > 1980", filter "C year < 1990", filter 1 genre contains Pop, filter 2 "genre contains rock", filter 3 "type is video"

want 80's pop : use B C 1
want 60's & 70's rock with video : use A C 3

some kind of filter with scope = current filter result (in the style of current folder)

or why not direct filter combining (as for effect slot) post50s->pre90s->Pop

maybe something like using shift key as a scope modifier to combine filters :
filter A "group by genre" -> click Pop -> shift click filter 2 "group by years" -> shift click 80s
in a way apply filter A = "genre is pop" and filter 1 "year >=1980 and year < 1990"

Posted Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 11:40 am
Exactly what Nicotux said.

The other example I already gave. I like the "Compatible Songs" filter. e.g. "bpmdiff<=4 and keydiff=0"

However, I want to find compatible songs in some subset defined by another filter, not all songs.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 3:16 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
not obvious but there might be a way, please explain the work flow how you think it should|would work.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 4:27 pm
If I were to guess at a UI design:

Perhaps when someone is viewing a song list from a filter, there is a little plus button by the file count(next to search). Once they click that, the mouse cursor turns into an index finger pointer or there is some other indication for touchscreens where they could point to another filter and add it to the current filter.

Challenges:
two filters would have to be shown as selected simultaneously on the left side
if the user added this new combined filter to the sidelist, there would have to be some way of labeling it so that they would know that this represents two filters.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 9:39 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
or without the need of a gui, using what already exists:
like a standard multiselect list box : click select filter, ctrl + click toggles filter selection ... shift + click for range select

may apply to virtual folders & standard folders as well to get multiple results as one in browser (folder 'Alan Walker' + folder 'Armin van Buuren')
then apply multiple filter to result
i.e.: folder 'Alan Walker' + folder 'Armin van Buuren' : year > 2017 & year < 2020 ... in 4 clicks

Posted Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 10:19 pm
Nicotux that works

Posted Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 10:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)