Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: sound glitches randomly about every 30 minutes or so with Dell computers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have never had any real issues with audio on virtual DJ until recently, have Dell Inspiron 7773 - i7 laptop with Nvida MX150 graphics processor, 32gb ram, running windows 10 pro. Running into Denon DN HC4500 as audio card, with workaround that have previously been posted to get the DN 4500 to work with Virtual DJ. Pre lock down in march had no issues with audio at all everything rock solid, could do anything on the laptop whilst virtual DJ playing no problem. Since started back end of July I now get little audio/video stutters randomly (about half a second) roughly every 30 -45 minutes. I have tried just about everything I can think of to get round the issue but every time I think I've solved it it returns, so far I have:-
set a dual boot on the laptop into a clean version of 10 pro, completely up to date with all latest drivers and no Dell bloatware
avoided the denon sound card and gone into ESI Gigaport HD+ USB soundcard
rolled virtual DJ back to the last version that I was using back in March - 32 bit V8.4 b5504, using the ESI soundcard, or with the Denon using the (compatible for Win 7 workaround)
run the latest version of Virtual DJ 64-bit with the ESI soundcard, or with the Denon using the windows WASAPI workaround
run it with wi-fi connected, with wi-fi disconnected
changed latency setting to longer or shorter turned ultra latency on/off - used to run with ultra latency on and 512 via denon asio driver with no issues
individually checked drivers of all items in device manager to ensure they are the latest versions.
Stripped machine to ensure all fans and vents clean
Run it on fan assisted stand
Have done latency check whilst running and really can't see anything happening whilst running - as I said early used to be able to do anything on this machine and it never affected virtual DJ

Have also notice when using the 64bit version that video quality is very pixelated, no where near as good as 32 bit version, no settings in video seem to change this, no issues on any of the 32bit versions.

No matter what I do the same thing just seems to keep happening - any ideas??

Posted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 4:15 pm
Check latency issues with LatencyMon

Posted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 6:38 pm
It's sound like the same problem i had with my DELL laptop
In that case uninstall all Dell software on the laptop (using add/remove programs)
Especially the Dell Support Assist software seems to be causing these issues
So even though you feel you have gotten rid of all bloatware and reinstalled the laptop, you may have installed just the Dell Support Assist to get help getting the drives
In that case uninstall it again after you got the drivers
And go through everything in "install /remove programs" and delete anything from Dell Corp - that's what I did to fix it

Posted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 7:11 pm
From a RB group - but the same issue

Posted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 7:18 pm
Working this evening, so I'll live with it for tonight, and have a look tomorrow, think dell assist might still be on there, never used to be an issue, but so many updates during lockdown to VDJ and Windows who knows what may have changed.

Any ideas on the pixilated video in 64-bit version?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 9:01 pm
> think dell assist might still be on there
Did you wrote - no Dell bloatware?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 9:33 pm
So looks like dell assist was issue with glitches, bloody thing installed a load if other dell items as well, so have removed all them and so far so good. Seems OK on 64 bit version which I'd given up on, and that updated to latest version and video seems OK at moment, so will give it a proper trial again tomorrow night as working again.

Thanks for assistance, sometimes just needs a step back and look at problem with a fresh pair of eyes, had been driving me mad as my old XPS laptop wasn't doing it, was one of many pains about lockdown, so many updates to virtual dj and Windows (and dell assist by looks of it), that once back working with it properly there were alot more variables than normal to look for.

Anyway fingers crossed for tomorrow night - working with the Real Thing on a 70s festival.

Posted Sat 19 Sep 20 @ 12:53 am
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thank you for posting this issue and solution. We have been fighting this issue for weeks! This was our fix!

Posted Tue 17 Nov 20 @ 6:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)