Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 vs DDJ-SX3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm trying to decide between these two controllers, to upgrade from my DDJ-SB3 for use with Virtual DJ. The main things I want are the 4 channel controls, and the set of 4 knobs per deck for effects controls (that's the main reason I'm not going for DDJ-1000 or DDJ-1000SRT, I don't like their effects controls). I like the layout of both of these controllers overall.

The main things I'm wrestling with are the incomplete VDJ support for the S4 MK3, and the potential of getting a bad unit of the DDJ-SX3. Also, the DDJ-SX3 is a bit overpriced because of extra features I don't care about, like multiple mic support, dual USB, Serato tax, etc.

Is there a hardware guide out for the partially working mapping for the Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3?

Could someone give a bit more feedback about what does work well with the Traktor S4 MK3 mapping? How's your experience overall with using it with Virtual DJ?

For the "Haptic Wheel mode not working" issue, does that just mean the beatgrid adjust mode doesn't give you the haptic feedback? Or does it also mean that the turntable mode won't spin the turntables at all too?

For the screens which don't work on the unit, do all the functions still work just fine and you can see them taking effect in virtual DJ, it's just that you can't see them on the controller itself?

Are there ways to activate slicer and roll modes on the Traktor S4 MK3? I believe Traktor Pro calls its version of slicer "freeze mode".

Posted Tue 28 Jul 20 @ 7:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)