Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser filtering using tag values

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Would it be possible to add the ability to create filters whereby only tracks that have a tag containing text that is the value of a different tag in the currently playing song are displayed in the browser? eg User 1 contains User 2 (of the playing song). The user fields are only an example & it should work with any filter field - in this example the User 2 field of the currently playing track might have a value of 0001 & I would like the browser to display all tracks who's User 1 field also contains 0001 (a song's User 1 field might be 0001, 0002, 0003 for example). The result would be along the lines of using the compatible songs filtering but using user definable parameters...

Additionally, it would be good to be able to include the user fields in search results.

Posted Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 9:00 pm
try filter folders :-)

Posted Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 9:34 pm
wickedmix wrote :
try filter folders :-)

@wickedmix That is what I am using but I'm a new user & may well be missing something...

Could you possibly give me an example of how this works - as far as I can see the 'contains' filter only works with values that you type in to the filter when you create it & it cannot automatically use a value from a currently playing song's tag which is what I want to do to dynamically update the browser list according to the song playing (along the lines of the compatible songs filtering).

Posted Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 9:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the only dynamic track fields are bpm & key therefore filter folder isn't the solution.
however plain old script 2 search would probably do the job depending on what you want.

Posted Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 10:17 pm
locodog wrote :
the only dynamic track fields are bpm & key therefore filter folder isn't the solution.
however plain old script 2 search would probably do the job depending on what you want.

@locodog Thanks, that's how it seemed to me when I tried to create the filter. Your idea seems to be a good solution & I had a quick play but couldn't see how to implement it - I scripted a button with search get_loaded_song 'User 1' to test this but what ends up in the search box is the text 'get_loaded_song', I also tried assigning the User 1 tag value to a variable but got the same result - any chance you could point me in the right direction with this?

Posted Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 10:56 pm
Figured it out - I just needed to wrap the search query with ``. Works perfectly now, thanks for the nudge locodog.

Posted Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 11:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)