Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to remove, move or modify posts.
Topic: Saving settings
altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
in 2021, how do I save my settings? I have read online that all permissions need to be enabled and I have gone over that several times. At present, I cannot save Layout, Rack or Pad settings. Any help?

Posted Tue 30 Jun 20 @ 12:08 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
There is a possibility to use "save_config" in a custom button
but.... VDJ 2021 now resets settings (randomly?) "for some reason" and go back to some default even with settings (specially Skin, Layout, Racks and global variables and Pads and Effects and Windows size and positions ....) being saved correctly
(and ... i may be wrong but it does not seem to be see as a bug as far as i understand answer about this issue)

For effects settings .... no way because of the way they save only one set can reload

Posted Tue 30 Jun 20 @ 1:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dont think it's a matter of permissions, at least for the ones you posted that are not saved.

the Layout of Performance skin (the Racks you select to view) are indeed not saved.
And some parameters in some Pad pages may not be saved either. You have to be more specific on these though.
If it's about the Mic FX Pads page i saw in one of your other posts, then keep in mind that the parameters and the selected FX for the Mic FX Slot are indeed not saved in settings. These get saved currently only for the Decks, Master, Sampler , Video FX and Transitions

Posted Tue 30 Jun 20 @ 12:16 pm