Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [SOLVED] Waveform lagging problem on update 2021 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

kenyilmPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So I'm ready installed the new version 2021 and my waveform lagging when I loading songs after the song ready loading in full works good but if have a song playing on each deck and loading the second song the waveform lagging what's the problem ?? I have a MacBook Pro with a 3ghz of cpu 16 of memory ram and double video car

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 2:57 am
 Best Answer this has been solved in the latest version.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 4:56 am[ selected best answer by Stephane Clavel on Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 4:56 am ]
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Did you try the metal mode ?

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 5:37 am
djcel wrote :

Yes I try in metal mode and the problem still in metal mode

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 1:36 pm
....and you're definitely using the stronger GPU?

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 1:39 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
And check if changing mathEngine to cpu works better.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 2:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
....and you're definitely using the stronger GPU?

I have this video cards in my MacBook Pro
Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:39 am
Adion wrote :
And check if changing mathEngine to cpu works better.

I have this video cards in my MacBook Pro
Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 4:40 am
I have a mac pro 16 gigs of ram I7 and waves lagging how to disable it

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 5:19 am
Same here

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 5:20 am
Same laptop how to disable it

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 5:20 am
djcel wrote :

please don't advise people to try metal mode. metal mode is still in development, and although it's stable and should work perfectly by now, we are still not advising people to use it during real gigs. in this case it wouldn't help, and might possibly cause new unknown and unrelated issues.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 6:04 am
kenyilm wrote :
So I'm ready installed the new version 2021 and my waveform lagging when I loading songs after the song ready loading in full works good but if have a song playing on each deck and loading the second song the waveform lagging what's the problem ?? I have a MacBook Pro with a 3ghz of cpu 16 of memory ram and double video car

On most macbook pro 16", virtualdj will select the amd videocard to perform the math-intensive calculations, but on some systems it can slow down a bit the interface during the loading.
This is only a cosmetic issue, and will not affect the sound in any way.
Nonetheless, we are working to improve this.
In the mean-time, you can go in config->options and search for "mathEngine", and set it to CPU.
The loading will be a bit slower, but your interface will be stay smooth.

Posted Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 6:08 am
Like a Stephane say go to settings - performance - MathEngine and choise CPU and works better again

Posted Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 8:14 pm
this has been solved in the latest version.

Selected as best answer Posted Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 4:56 am
I am having the same problem with it coming up "start up of MathEngine VirtualDJ is taking to long". Since I am not a technical person, How do you go about changing it over to CPU? I have tryed what everyone is saying, but to no avail..
Please advise.

Thanks
Robert (marine1)

Posted Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 12:02 pm
tengo un macbook pro 15 2016 y el video se alenta que puede ser ?

Posted Mon 17 Aug 20 @ 7:11 pm
Same problem on the latest version... only solution, revert to the old one...

Posted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 11:49 am
I have been having problems with Virtual DJ and whenever people try and ask for a solution the virtual DJ company doesn't even reply or help his clients but they the company only things about their monthly subscriptions 😡😡😡
I will switch from using Virtual DJ to Serato Pro because virtual DJ company is not serious at all and moreover they have poor graphics and poor scratching settings 😡😡😡

Posted Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 9:41 pm
DJ ShunDemAll wrote :
I have been having problems with Virtual DJ and whenever people try and ask for a solution the virtual DJ company doesn't even reply or help his clients but they the company only things about their monthly subscriptions 😡😡😡
I will switch from using Virtual DJ to Serato Pro because virtual DJ company is not serious at all and moreover they have poor graphics and poor scratching settings 😡😡😡

Good luck with Serato - they are famous for not helping users and not fixing bugs :)
The Serato software is also famous for not handling graphics and videos well

Posted Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 7:17 am
Ok so for all who are having lags when loading the decks, just go to settings/options/performance/ mathEngine, select CPU. It fixed my lagging issue. The GPU (nvidia) was selected by default on my laptop causing lags when loading the deck

Posted Fri 12 Mar 21 @ 5:00 pm
87%