Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Lagging only when connected to the internet
Hello everyone, If this issue has already been posted I wasn't able to find it.

I have a very weird bug.
The moment I turn off flight mode Virtual DJ starts to have problems, the music skips beats and the waveform lags. When I turn on flight mode again, everything works fine again. No restart of the software is needed.

No other programs are running than Virtual DJ.
But even if I start Mp3Tag or VLC Player, as long as I stay offline everything works fine.

Windows is up to date and all the phoning home stuff is turned off.

Of course this isn't a major problem, but sometimes I need to look something up during a set and I like the automatic cover download.

Specs:

CPU: Core i3 2330m @ 2.20Ghz
RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 666Mhz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 315m 1GB
SSD: 1TB SanDisk SDSSA-1T00
VDJ: v8.4-64 b5504
CTRL: Hercules Universal DJ

Any idea what's causing this?

Posted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 5:02 pm
Bad wifi driver by the looks of it. Check to see if it has an update.

Posted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 6:10 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Bad wifi driver by the looks of it. Check to see if it has an update.

Yeah, could be it. But there is no other Win 10 driver available than the one provided by Microsoft.

Posted Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 9:14 pm
1. Is your wireless network connected to the internet?
2. You are subscribed to any of online catalogs?

I noticed an issue with Virtual DJ that completely messed up my gig. If you are using wireless connection that is not connected to the Internet and you are subscribed to online catalogs, the software may attempt to search the online catalogs every time you search a track. I had the search operation enabled and I have more than 10000 local audio/video songs. I also had cached about 100 video songs for the gig. The software become unusable. In the heat of the gig, I did not realize what was going on. I switched to DJ’ing using music player app on my laptop instead. But without the mixing option, I was forced to switch tracks with train recks in between. Fortunately, the folks on the dance floor were drunk and really wanted to dance. So they didn’t mind the train recks and went home happily after giving me compliments.

The solution is to turn off the search online catalogs option.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 11:20 am