Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Video Source Transition Basics (for Virtual DJ 2020 64-bit)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sorry for more newbie questions. If this has been answered elsewhere, please don't hesitate to flame me and drop the appropriate link into your reply.

My setup:
---VDJ 2020 64 bit running on Win 10 64 bits with 32 GB RAM
---the SoundSpectrum visualizers
---Winamp + Mildrop
---Pioneer DDJ-SR2

Let's say I wanted to setup two different video sources based on the VDJ Screen Capture function AND dual-source mixing.
1. G-force (via Deck 1 screen capture)
2. WinAmp + Mildrop (via Deck 2 screen capture)

I will be mixing audio tracks and making video transitions while mixing.

Question:

Is it possible to transition between these two video sources with the VDJ transitions?

Observations:

---For some reason, all I get is "no transition" when I move the crossfader on the controller from one audio track to another.
---Clicking the name of the transition below the Master Output video does nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 5:21 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

No video track loaded in both decks prevent video crossfader to work properly. Only right one will display and the other one only at full left "maybe the leak of known picture rezolution"
when a video track is loaded in any of the decks or both that is working correctly

this is exactly the same with 32 & 64 bit VDJ versions

with audio track... no way, unless no "audio-track only visualiation" is active and track contains a picture
Because "Audio-track only effect" does not seems to apply to deck output but on master input when selected and activated it takes place of other deck(s) video effects

maybe a workaround would be to link a video - or a picture - to the audio tracks

Posted Thu 20 Feb 20 @ 8:26 pm
I found a good workaround, using the window capture functionality in OBS.

Thank for all that you do.

https://obsproject.com/

Maybe someday VDJ and OBS can work out a deal to include that functionality in just VDJ...

Posted Mon 23 Mar 20 @ 1:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've always had problems with recording vdj video out full screen with OBS, it always drops out and freezes the recording.
I think I'm doing it right. [game capture]
when screen capturing it works ok and the results are better than a vdj mp4 recording, that's sort of to be expected as OBS has just one job and vdj has many.
It likely be that my integrated gfx just can't hack it.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 20 @ 2:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)