Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Automatic Backup/Restore & Database Cleanup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The database maintenance seems to be buried in the program where a lot of users would not know the options are available.

I would like to see a popup on exit from VirtualDJ to give the user the option to do some database management i.e. BACKUP/RESTORE or CLEANUP the database......and/or....... a schedule system for automatic Backups.

Cheers
Les

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 9:48 am
Or even an automated backup say once a month. They take up no space really and could save inexperienced users a lot if grief.

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 10:11 am

Will likely be automatic backups in near updates..
I dont understand what "clean up" is though . . what is it supposed to clean up :)

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 12:42 pm
Remove missing files automatically I guess

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 12:54 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Remove missing files automatically I guess

Could be.. not sure how "safe" that would be though (say you rename/move a folder by "accident", and then the songs are automatically removed from database, and you wont be able to see what happened, nor be able to fix it simply renaming the folder as it was)

(at least you have a backup, but then the 'need' for backups was created by the backup feature itself, i guess :) )

Posted Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 1:16 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

I dont understand what "clean up" is though . . what is it supposed to clean up :)

Remove missing files from Database. Not necessarily automatic, but, showing the option is there when many users don't know that it exists.

Posted Sat 01 Feb 20 @ 1:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)