Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-XZ All-in-One - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Works fine for me so far. Does anyone know if the player screens are just meant to show artwork or can they show other data?

Posted Mon 09 Mar 20 @ 3:43 am
user19251187 wrote :
Works fine for me so far. Does anyone know if the player screens are just meant to show artwork or can they show other data?

Ok found it. player display from auto to info and all works.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 4:14 am
Mobile Zombie wrote :
Anyone able to try out the XDJ-XZ yet? Is it stable? Appreciate any feedback. I am ’half’ considering the unit for a future purchase.

Only heard good things from the mapper guys ;-)
And good reviews at dj bloggers etc ..

Somewhat considering one myself also ;-)

Posted Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 10:26 pm
Hello guys....

my english is not very good i'm from Germany. I have the XDJ-XZ here and i also tried it in February with VDJ. It really works great with vdj. But i have one Problem now. When you want to connect the XDJ-XZ with virtual dj you have to press the link button, and then press load deck 1 and load deck 2. Then you can control VDJ. But i have the problem, that you can't hear the samples. You can see that vdj is playing the sample in the software, but you can't hear it. I tried to route the sample to the macbook loudspeakers. But its the same problem. I've checked everything, and i don't know why you can't hear the samples. Then i've tested some things, and i have found something. When i start the xdj and vdj without linking the xdi, then the samples are going out. When i press the link button and only press load deck 1, then i can only control deck 1 but the samples are going out. But when i press load deck 2 to control the seconds deck (also 2 decks), then the samples are not going out! Why? I don't know why! I use a macbook and the xdj-xz. Today i started with the xdj firmware 1.00 and then i updated to 1.10! But nothing changes. I also updated vdj in the morning. Can anyone Help.

But the XDJ works really great with vdj. The only small thing is the problem with the samples. In February i've tested it already, there was no problem with the sample output.

Thank you guys for your help.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 12:05 am

Posted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 8:35 am
Thank You GroovinDJ!

Over the Aux Chanel the Samples are playing now! :-D

Great work from VDJ Team!!

Posted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 11:05 am
Can i download the setup instructions somewhere?

Posted Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 6:57 pm

Posted Tue 24 Mar 20 @ 7:11 pm
Yeah she's there ... I have a little problem. Gain, EQ, Master Vol. Are not displayed in VDJ. Doesn't someone have an idea?
Thank you

Posted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 1:19 pm
What you say "not displayed", I assume you mean that they don't move on the skin when you move the real controls.

Two things to note:
1) it's not necessary to have knobs, buttons etc. duplicated on your skin when you have the real controls in front of you.
2) if you really insist on seeing the VDJ controls move, then the MIDI information needs to be enabled from the XZ. The setup guide mentions this.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 1:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 3:20 pm
Yes, who can read is clearly at an advantage. Thanks to you . Have now set that the mixer sends the midi signal.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 5:43 pm
Heinz54PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello from Germany,
I would have 2 questions about the XZ.

Is there also the possibility with the XZ to browse through the software, the sidelist, sampler, automix things from the controller? I hope you understand what I mean. (SZ used to have parameters / arrow keys down where it worked).

And I would like to know timecode on vinyl, the mixer on the XZ has the order 3, 1, 2, 4, I could arrange it on 1 & 2 VDJ so the decks of the XZ run and on 3 & 4 those Timecode vinyl. At the moment with the audio setup both runs on 1 & 2 and if I switch off timecode only the XZ decks on 1 & 2.

Have already tried the audio setting, but got nothing.

Maybe someone of you has more experience.

Posted Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 7:21 am
For Sideview controls, readhttp://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/xdjxz/layout/lcd.html Nr.70 (the SHIFT actions)

For Timecode, read http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/xdjxz/advanced.html#dvs
There are 2 Timecode inputs, and you can choose which Decks those will control
In your case, if you are using the Pro default 4 Decks skin, make sure the TIMECODE buttons for Decks A and B are Off, then switch to Decks C and D and turn those On.

If using a different skin, without TC buttons, you can assign 2 custom buttons (or even keyboard keys) as...
deck 3 timecode_active 1
deck 4 timecode_active 2

Posted Wed 01 Apr 20 @ 9:32 am
Heinz54PRO InfinityMember since 2011
@djdad: Thank you !!!

Posted Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 5:32 am
tjfadoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi, Can anyone help?
Using VDJ Pro Infinity/ Pioneer XDJ XZ/ Imac 2018.
When I trigger any effect on deck 2 (on XDJ XZ) like (Slip Loop) on PAD MODE or Use an effect on DECK B (VDJ), the sound on Deck B cuts off. I have to restart VDJ again.
This happens all the time.
Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Posted Tue 19 May 20 @ 10:30 am
Not sure, but here is a few info regarding software FX on XDJ-XZ
The device offers a single FX Send/Return USB channel (so not ideally 4 - per Mixer Channel ), so software Post-fader FXs work only on the one deck , which is usually the one last triggered or the one plying on air.
For software to know which Deck to apply, it needs to know the positions of the faders and crossfader. So perhaps you have not enabled the MIDI Mixer from Pioneer Utilities ?
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/xdjxz/layout/mixer.html (read the Notes at the bottom of the page)

Posted Tue 19 May 20 @ 11:04 am
tjfadoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Thanks for the feedback Djdad

Posted Tue 19 May 20 @ 9:48 pm
Hey leute hab mal ne frage ich habe denn xdj xz zu hause und jetzt mir den cdj 2000 nxs 2 und sdj 1000 geholt weis einer wie er hier richt angescholssen wird und eingestellt so das er auch mit virtual auf Kanal 4 läuft?

Posted Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 5:34 pm
hy :-)
i have a technical question regarding the xdj-xz mapping.
how are the wheels and pitch sliders are mapped? is this hid or midi? i know most of the pio devices are using a mixture of hid and midi (wheels hid and buttons midi etc) but when i use hid trace i can't see any hid information. on my ddj-800 and ddj-1000 i can see hid traffic. i'm considering moving from rb to vdj and would be happy if there is a real hid mapping.
thx in advance for the information!

Posted Mon 31 Aug 20 @ 9:26 am
98%