Topic: Pioneer XDJ-XZ All-in-One - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

see picture Groovindj above

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 1:24 pm
That's a lot of Apple tax to pay.

Totally overpriced as usual.

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 2:01 pm
Kristof St wrote :
Before link was death ;-) I saw 2 USB inputs in the upper right corner (just like on the RX2)

Maybe it's possible for USb sticks if there really is an USB stop button under the USB port... We will see...

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 2:17 pm
There is, under both USB inputs

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 2:32 pm
and one of them has a MASTER REC and TRACK MARK button (so also possible to record master out straight on a USB)

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 2:35 pm
groovindj wrote :
It looks as if only channels 3 & 4 have input selection switches, so my guess is that the standalone USB playback is restricted to channels 1 & 2, then you can select line/phono/computer (for software) on 3 & 4.

After seeing the high res pictures on the Musikhaus website, I think you're right.

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 2:43 pm

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 3:27 pm
It's released. Early 2020 will the unit be "unlocked" for use with Serato.... Hopefully the HID will be usable for VDJ also... I really think I'm going to buy this unit.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 8:37 am
I'm not that impressed. Just more of the same in a different chassis and of course a customary price increase.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 8:52 am
kradcliffe wrote :
I'm not that impressed. Just more of the same in a different chassis and of course a customary price increase.

For me it will do. If I have Guest Dj's, maybe they accept this unit instead of 2x CDJ2000NXS2 en DJM900NXS2 with a price of € 6600,-

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 8:56 am

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 9:14 am
Rekordbox laptop can be used for all 4 channels simultaneously. Just asked our PioneerDJ NL consultant.
So there is a 4-channel option possible. (just not with a USB stick in it) I really wanted my DDJ-SZ with a screen on it... Well....here it is :) And this can be used stand-alone also. Connect a (3rd) CDJ player and many Dj's will be satisfied with this setup.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 9:32 am
Ouch that is alot of Pioneer tax right there.

Think i'll wait for it to hit the market for a while first before upgrading my RX for now. Also wanna see how VDJ handle its 4 channels too.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 9:49 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
.......Also wanna see how VDJ handle its 4 channels too.

IF... VDJ can connect with this unit.... Maybe Pioneer will not allow HID access so VDJ can not map this unit.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 9:51 am
I'm sure George and Babis will be able to hack it like all the other Pioneer units.

Pioneer fans will be all over it but reviews this morning from tech sites are all a bit meh.

I guess for those DJs that play the same 40 EDM tracks all night every night it will be a hit as they can dump the laptop.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 10:02 am
kradcliffe wrote :
I'm sure George and Babis will be able to
// make it work :) //
kradcliffe wrote :
like all the other Pioneer units.

It's a XDJ-RX2 with DDJ-1000 jogwheels with a DJM900NXS2 mixer... They already mapped all of them.. So I hope HID will work for VDJ.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 10:10 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 10:16 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nah, not for me, the all in one idea might be a weight save [like laptops are super heavy] but how often do you think the firmware will be updated for the in built player?, fixed pads, likely a fixed mapping in AIO mode, no auxiliary controllers
AIO is a step backwards as far as I see it. Where else would removing a powerful multi use customisable machine to replace with a fixed single purpose proprietary firmware be considered progress?

An all in one, some users, fair enough, but all in one to run software... nah, it's like buying high heels to go cycling.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 10:39 am
Totally agree.

Especially since VDJ is so frequently updated. And none of these do video (or karaoke) either.

I use standalone on the MCX8000 for backup, and it's a perfect solution just in case.... but I couldn't use it fot a gig.

Just a fad unfortunately.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 11:01 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
How often have you had to resort to using the internal player?

Posted Tue 12 Nov 19 @ 11:05 am
33%