Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script needed ASAP guys PLEASE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, I’m due to DJ my first ever gig. It’s a fast based uk bass/bassline gig and I have 3 maybe 4 times where I am intending to spin out the track “wheel up” and start it Again.

BUT, my jogwheel has decided it doesn’t want to spin any longer, settings are all fine it’s a hardware issue.

So can someone please help me with a script for a custom button to:-
Apply backspin effect (2 seconds) with 70% echo effect 1/4

It would be great to just press this button and it spins the track out with added echo all at the touch of a button.

I know this may seem simple to some of the guys on here but I’m new to DJ’in and haven’t a clue about scripts yet.

Thanks in advance inf anybody can help.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 3:10 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Something like that:
effect_slider 'echo' 1 70% & effect_slider 'echo' 2 0.45 & backspin 2000ms & effect_active 'echo' on & repeat_start 'rptbse' 2100ms 1 & effect_active 'echo' off
added 100ms for the echo to stop smoother
adjust to your needs

Posted Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 7:57 am
user13472352 wrote :
Hey guys, I’m due to DJ my first ever gig. It’s a fast based uk bass/bassline gig and I have 3 maybe 4 times where I am intending to spin out the track “wheel up” and start it Again.

BUT, my jogwheel has decided it doesn’t want to spin any longer, settings are all fine it’s a hardware issue.

So can someone please help me with a script for a custom button to:-
Apply backspin effect (2 seconds) with 70% echo effect 1/4

It would be great to just press this button and it spins the track out with added echo all at the touch of a button.

I know this may seem simple to some of the guys on here but I’m new to DJ’in and haven’t a clue about scripts yet.

Thanks in advance inf anybody can help.

home user? How are you doing a dj gig with home user licensing?

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 1:35 am
@burnyabad - Professional edition user ***

Was about to say the same when i saw this in "previous messages":
"user13472352
Professional edition user"

Yes the account appears on the "Latest posts" board as
user13472352 - Home user ***

The 3 stars made me think he's a License user
A bug in the site ?
Cloud refresh problem ?

Nicotux - No license user *

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 4:58 am
I’m a license holder I can assure you, I was having trouble logging in on my iPad so I logged in just using Facebook as it allowed me to straight away. I must of had an account with that email years ago I can’t be too sure.. I will log in on my licensed account on my laptop and comment just to clear any confusion

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 3:28 pm
guys i am a pro user, i pay monthly cause i only dj if and when needed by friends as like i said im still starting out and have alot to learn before taking bigger steps.
does strike me as abit harsh though how instead of offering help you two just jump straight to attacking my license credibility

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 3:31 pm
Tyeedj wrote :
instead of offering help you two just jump straight to attacking my license credibility

No, incorrect - actually the first reply gave a solution.

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 5:22 pm
We're all a bit protective of our beloved vdj. Good luck!

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 7:39 pm
Anyway this is not the first account appearing as both home & pro depending on the forum page
there is an issue here

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 7:40 pm
The display of the user's license type and the number of stars has been broken for a very long time.

Long term forum members may remember when the user name area had small pictures of their controllers under their name. It was when the site was modified and those icons removed, that this problem began. The issue has been mentioned in the past (by me at the very least) but still it remains.

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 8:09 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
How about getting account like this since its has 3 stars:

Colored in RED for easy identification?

Posted Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 1:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)