Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 2020 Ready to Go... But should I

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everyone,

I start using VDJ back in 2005 and when VDJ 8 came out, I download and install it on my laptop.
I was able to still use my older version for my events since I wasn't up with the new version yet.
It took me a few months to get used to the new version and find the right skin for me.

I just download VDJ 2020 and just want to know a couple of things.
>>> Will I be able to continue using VDJ 8 until I get up to speed with 2020...???
>>> Will I be able to continue to the same "VirtualDJ Database v6.xml" or does it use another .xml title...???

Thanks VDJ for keeping us all up to speed... :)

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 2:25 pm
Everything will still work same :)
And you can still "use" VirtualDJ 8 just by switching the layout/skin to "old" in the settings, and visually you'll be back were you were, and things will feel and work same ;-)

The database "VirtualDJ v6.xml" has not been used in probably half a decade or more .. Its not used in VirtualDJ 8 either.
But I guess your question/worry is if VirtualDJ 2020 will have same database, and all your data will be instantly available .. and yes it will ;-)

The update is seamless and hassle-free :)

--
If you mean if you can still use the old old version you used before VirtualDJ 8, that you can still do, they exists side by side, and VirtualDJ 2020 does change that

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 2:42 pm
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks Rune.
Since I have a few gigs coming up, I just wanted to make sure it didn't mess up anything that I have working already.
Plus you didn't need to go there and use the word "OLD" and then again "OLD OLD"... :)

I'm installing 2020 tonight and start playing around with it...
I love that VDJ continues to improve that that is already great...!!!

Thanks for Your Input Rune...

Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Everything will still work same :)
And you can still "use" VirtualDJ 8 just by switching the layout/skin to "old" in the settings, and visually you'll be back were you were, and things will feel and work same ;-)

The database "VirtualDJ v6.xml" has not been used in probably half a decade or more .. Its not used in VirtualDJ 8 either.
But I guess your question/worry is if VirtualDJ 2020 will have same database, and all your data will be instantly available .. and yes it will ;-)

The update is seamless and hassle-free :)
--
If you mean if you can still use the old old version you used before VirtualDJ 8, that you can still do, they exists side by side, and VirtualDJ 2020 does change that

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 3:43 pm
CadDog wrote :

I'm installing 2020 tonight and start playing around with it...
I love that VDJ continues to improve that that is already great...!!!

Thanks for Your Input Rune...

No prob ;-) hopefully all goes well

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 9:26 pm
can i dawonload

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 1:15 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 3:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)