Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon ASIO driver no longer used on windows (use WASAPI instead) - Page: 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Microsoft is about to discontinue support for Windows 7 (next month) so it's a good time to upgrade that computer to Windows 10.

As it's new enough to run 7 then it should be able to run 10. I've managed to get 10 onto older computers.

Posted Sun 01 Dec 19 @ 9:29 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
A lot of DJ's seem to miss their ASIO drivers just because they happen to work...
DENON DJ ASIO 2.2.2 was never meant to be used with MC6000MKII

Instead the official ASIO driver for MC6000MKII was always "DENON DJ ASIO for DJ Controller*"

The first one (old ASIO 2.22) is blocked. The later one (... for DJ Controller) is not blocked and works fine.

Some users have installed old ASIO 2.22 drivers on their systems in order to work with MC6000MKII
That's a wrong thing to do!!! Yes, it happens to work, but it was never meant to (by Denon, not VirtualDJ)
So please install the correct drivers on your systems, DENON DJ ASIO for DJ Controller*

*Nowadays Denon renamed the drivers to Denon-DJ-MC6000MK2-Win-1.0.3

This 1.0. 3. drivers gave me back functionality for my MC60000mk2 as an audio device. :-) Experienced with almost everything (without luck).. Durig the last months I've been using a TC VoiceLive akoustic as an audio device and the internal laptop audio for monitoring.. finally I got my low latency drivers back!! thanx a bunch!! (Y)

Posted Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 8:06 pm
MacGyverGear wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
A lot of DJ's seem to miss their ASIO drivers just because they happen to work...
DENON DJ ASIO 2.2.2 was never meant to be used with MC6000MKII

Instead the official ASIO driver for MC6000MKII was always "DENON DJ ASIO for DJ Controller*"

The first one (old ASIO 2.22) is blocked. The later one (... for DJ Controller) is not blocked and works fine.

Some users have installed old ASIO 2.22 drivers on their systems in order to work with MC6000MKII
That's a wrong thing to do!!! Yes, it happens to work, but it was never meant to (by Denon, not VirtualDJ)
So please install the correct drivers on your systems, DENON DJ ASIO for DJ Controller*

*Nowadays Denon renamed the drivers to Denon-DJ-MC6000MK2-Win-1.0.3

This 1.0. 3. drivers gave me back functionality for my MC60000mk2 as an audio device. :-) Experienced with almost everything (without luck).. Durig the last months I've been using a TC VoiceLive akoustic as an audio device and the internal laptop audio for monitoring.. finally I got my low latency drivers back!! thanx a bunch!! (Y)

Edit: Cheered to soon.. still cracks and pops.. a bit better but still not usable. All is going well untill I give my laptop some tasks.. (open webbrowser, video/shader stuff.. etc..)

Posted Sat 11 Jan 20 @ 12:46 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sat 11 Jan 20 @ 1:43 am
Thanx for the tool.. ;-)

I've been testing intensively today. Also dug up a different audio device to compare (Native Instruments Z1) and came to the conclusion that my new laptop Asus rog i7 2,2ghz 16gb is having serious problems with and without the use of shaders. The pops and ticks are noticeable and sometimes audio isn't in sync (skips a few miliseconds).
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OyQUhrhBReeNPgof6roCYqvLh8m-ejT- without shaders
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UUgm3UZYTB9LmKRBC1pe5NL6kQnayZg4 with shaders
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MvSVi9MV3zH1giAQEjnMBuwh19jooVSM different audiointerface (NI Z1)

I overlooked the energy saving settings. Nothing selected. Updated the bios but nothing helped.

After this I hooked up my old laptop which is an Asus i5 8250h 1.6ghz. Powerful enough to run Virtual DJ but GPU (MX150) can't handle most of the shaders available.
While testing I had the zVideo add-on running, overloaded my GPU, but audio never drop out, cracked or spiked: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DxmjnWLVyRBcrxztt3CRn5xVv31G3cBD

With both laptop I wasn't able to connect the audio interface via an USB. This caused even more problems. Somewhere last year. all over sudden I had to connect the Denon directly to a free USB port cause I had the same problems. But this was with the old 1.0.1. drivers.

On my newer laptop (GTX2070GPU) I was able to make a video/audio render (while heavy tasks on the GPU) on the internal soundcard without any problem. but I assume that the internal soundcard has a much higher latency.

The test with the Denon was done at 2048 samples (highest latency setting).. but the latency I notice is nearly nothing. I've been experiencing much higher delay at 256samples while playing a VST drumkit in a DAW for example.. but this isn't quite comparable maybe.
Another desapointment for the new driver is the missing of the WASAPI audio channels.. these had a (noticable) higher latency and maybe couldn've save me from all these nasty dropouts.. for now, I have to live with the Wasapi driver on my TC Voicelive if I wanna play safe when using graphics.. I can even setup a headphones channel but latency is noticable higher than with the Denon.

I think I'll have to revisit my opinion about the new drivers.. though an audiointerface should be connectable via an USB hub.. the bandwidth of 4 audiochannels together with some mididata would even run smooth on an USB 1.1. port..
Hopefully time will bring a solution on my new laptop and bring back trouble free ASIO audio.

Posted Sat 11 Jan 20 @ 10:41 pm
Ok. Did just one more test on my new laptop. Hooked up my old Hercules DMX controller/audio interface and installed it on my new laptop. No drop-outs and very low latency even with the Wasapi driver.. just like the TC electronics VoiceLive I use now.

I love my Denon controller/mixer very much but I seriously considering something new.. The problem is I can't find anything that could replace it. I need at least 1 aux input but they're all bigger.. :-(

Posted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 8:30 pm
So, today I went to a shop for testing an Numark NUII on my new laptop. But first they checked all kinds of settings.. Windows had some updates (framework I believe).. and got an update for the Nvidea RTX2070Qmax.. I believe the problems are solved..

I didn't get to testing the Numark NVII as they informed me about a new Denon product that will be presented at NAMM.. https://www.denondj.com/prime-go
It's size is perfectly.. length even a bit less but small inch more depth.. It doens't bring the 2 pairs of extra line-ins like the 6000 does but there's an Aux in which will be all I need to hook up an extra iPad mixer for I don't trust it's connection as my main mixer. Need to check some specs and stuff but the future looks bright again.. bit expensive but what a great unit :-) Hopefully a template for Vitrual DJ will be available soon.

Posted Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 10:55 pm
slyraguPRO InfinityMember since 2010
This fixed my cue's not working on Denon MC6000mkii when switching from Denon Driver to WASAPI

When you switch from the ASIO driver to WASAPI you have to clean up the old Denon driver with Device Manager in Win10. I have a MC6000mkii, so with your controller plugged in, go to device manager, opens sounds, right click on MC6000mk2 and uninstall, this removes the old Denon Driver from 2013. Reboot. On the boot, it will install the latest Windows generic USB sound driver from 2019 and configure with your controller, it works great, and my cues worked again!

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 2:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@slyragu Probably off-topic and irrelevant
The MC6000MK2 doesn't have any issue with its ASIO driver, it's not "blocked" from VirtualDJ and you can install the correct one DENON_DJ_ASIO_for_DJ_Controller

and really don't see how Cue points have anything to do with the Audio driver ?!?!

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 4:49 am
Headphone cues, not cue points, and yes this topic is mentioned a couple of times in this thread, that other DJ's could not get their headphone cues to work because of the Denon ASIO driver with Windows 10 and they wanted to use WASAPI. and lastly, Virtual DJ recommends the WASAPI,

-----From Virtual DJ Denon Manual.---

"Windows Driver: No driver is required.
You can download and install the Denon ASIO driver from https://www.denondj.com/downloads#legacy , but due to driver stability issues, the WASAPI Windows driver will be used instead of the Denon ASIO driver in VirtualDJ Audio Setup
Mac OSX Driver: Drivers are not required for Mac OS X computers."

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mc6000/setup/index.html

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 1:18 pm
You're quoting from the MC6000 manual, not the 6000 mk2...

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 4:30 pm
ok, does it matter? I think that was great, Virtual DJ was recommending WASAPI, way back then, if it didn't work, they would not have recommended it. WASPI had been working great with my controller. Denon does not have the focus or resources that Microsoft has. As you know, InMusic, which owns Denon, has their hands in a lot of different pots, look what they did to mixmiester when they purchased it. I am just recommending what worked for me and fixed my problem, I am prepared for the future when the upcoming Virtual DJ revisions will not work with the Denon Driver. I will not be stuck between a rock and hard place, especially at gig.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 5:08 pm
slyragu wrote :
ok, does it matter?

Yes it does - because as djdad already mentioned, the mk2 has no issue with the ASIO driver. It's the original MC6000 that needs to use WASAPI.

It's always best to use the driver which was written by the equipment manufacturer specifically for that controller. WASAPI is a generic driver so is unlikely to give the best performance. It's a compromise.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 8:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I would actually also recommend using the wasapi driver if it works for your device without installing drivers.
If you need absolutely lowest latency and use both inputs and outputs there can be some advantage with asio drivers but for most I've seen that's only actually the case with audio interfaces focused on musicians, not dj gear.

The only difficulty is that when not using exclusiveAudioAccess the speaker settings need to be setup correctly and this is a bit hidden in windows

Posted Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 2:01 am
Has any one had the volume and EQ controls for deck 1 and 4 stop working with Virtualdj for a Denon mc6000? Deck 2 and 3 work on the controller, but 1 and 4 I can only control the volume on the pc.

Posted Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 8:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)